User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    My '17, the daytime running lights only come on with the light switch in the auto position. So, this issue is not present....wonder why they changed that?
    Is your truck a Lariat ultimate package with the LED headlights? If not then it doesn't apply as your headlights, at a dimmer intensity, are your daytime running lights. The LED headlight trucks have that super bright C shaped light as daytime running lights and they're supposed to go dimmer when the headlights come on but they don't.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Is your truck a Lariat ultimate package with the LED headlights? If not then it doesn't apply as your headlights, at a dimmer intensity, are your daytime running lights. The LED headlight trucks have that super bright C shaped light as daytime running lights and they're supposed to go dimmer when the headlights come on but they don't.
    It is^^ I just checked, the daytime running lights are not on unless the switch is in auto, and in drive. Then they dim when you turn the lights on manually. Never had a recall done. 2017 model.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    It is^^ I just checked, the daytime running lights are not on unless the switch is in auto, and in drive. Then they dim when you turn the lights on manually. Never had a recall done. 2017 model.
    That's how they're supposed to work. On mine before the recall was done the LED daytime lights stayed bright at night when you turned the headlights on. Yours should be good.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I have most of those + the block heater one.

WRT the tailgate: When I first heard stories of the tailgate opening unexpectedly, I added a D-ring to the tailgate. I secure the tailgate with a rope when it really matters (e.g., hauling the 5er or carrying all our luggage to Colorado). I should have been ticked to do this with a $65K+ truck, but I just sort of assumed it was part of the Ford ownership experience.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    I've had a 2019 F150 Lariat since March and no recalls yet. Would think systems are identical/similar to the heavier trucks.
    The Super Duty trucks are a different animal with little or nothing the same as the half ton trucks.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + the block heater one
    There's one for the block heater? I didn't get that one.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm not sure if I'm encouraged or concerned. . . .
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    There's one for the block heater? I didn't get that one.
    It has to do with possible corrosion where it attaches to the engine. They, Ford will replace with an updated version. Had mine done...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are talking to Noah about the flood. I have a F250 with multiple recalls, and three, yes count them THREE replaced Steerage Linkage Dampers. Now I get to replace the DEF tank because the pump/heater has gone out. It appears this is very common for these to require replacement directly after the warranty runs out at 50k. Mine went bad at 50,450 miles. My first and LAST Ford

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    The Super Duty trucks are a different animal with little or nothing the same as the half ton trucks.
    They share the same cab. The chassis is different. I had the door thing done and it wasn’t a big deal.

In our current society, they have to do this stuff to fix anything they might get sued over. Recalls are much more common across all brands.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast