User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    One of the reasons I bought a 2019 was because surely Ford had all kinks worked out for this model and I didn't want to be a guinea pig for the 2020 model. So much for that theory! I've had this truck since August and now have 3 recalls to get taken care of:

1. Daytime running lamp doesn't dim when the headlights are on; Software update
    2. Tail gate can open unexpectedly
    3. Some carpet shielding issue (I was told this has to do w/ some sparks that can be generated after the side airbag deploys and they're trying to mitigate a fire potential)

Sheesh! Anyone deal w/ any of these recalls and is there anything I need to know before I take it back to the dealer? I have an appointment for next week.

Thanks, -Jeff
    I agree you would think they would get it right by now.
    2019 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

THREE recalls for my 2019 F-350

Quote Originally Posted by DocBennett View Post
    You are talking to Noah about the flood. I have a F250 with multiple recalls, and three, yes count them THREE replaced Steerage Linkage Dampers. Now I get to replace the DEF tank because the pump/heater has gone out. It appears this is very common for these to require replacement directly after the warranty runs out at 50k. Mine went bad at 50,450 miles. My first and LAST Ford
    Ford put out a TSB on the DEF heaters since it was so common that they would fail, extending warranty coverage for that part to 125k miles.
    This covers 2011+ models. My truck had 140k miles on it before the DEF heater went out. The part is only $150 and takes about 4 hours to install.
    This is common knowledge at Ford dealerships. The manager at the Ford dealership here said...“we keep a good supply of them in stock because my guys replace 3 or 4 a day”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-22-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234