User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THREE recalls for my 2019 F-350

One of the reasons I bought a 2019 was because surely Ford had all kinks worked out for this model and I didn't want to be a guinea pig for the 2020 model. So much for that theory! I've had this truck since August and now have 3 recalls to get taken care of:

1. Daytime running lamp doesn't dim when the headlights are on; Software update
    2. Tail gate can open unexpectedly
    3. Some carpet shielding issue (I was told this has to do w/ some sparks that can be generated after the side airbag deploys and they're trying to mitigate a fire potential)

Sheesh! Anyone deal w/ any of these recalls and is there anything I need to know before I take it back to the dealer? I have an appointment for next week.

Thanks, -Jeff
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO those recalls are minor. Mine had the same...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club.
    I have a 15 ram. Released in 2011, re design in 13. Surely a 15 should have it nailed.
    26 recalls!

I expect nothing less than 5-10 recalls these days. Our 18 wrangler has had 3 or 4 already.
    Easier to push em out quick and cheap and hope for the best than to do it right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    One of the reasons I bought a 2019 was because surely Ford had all kinks worked out for this model and I didn't want to be a guinea pig for the 2020 model. So much for that theory! I've had this truck since August and now have 3 recalls to get taken care of:

3. Some carpet shielding issue (I was told this has to do w/ some sparks that can be generated after the side airbag deploys and they're trying to mitigate a fire potential)

Sheesh! Anyone deal w/ any of these recalls and is there anything I need to know before I take it back to the dealer? I have an appointment for next week.

Thanks, -Jeff
    I have the same 3 outstanding recalls on my 2019 F350. I'm not in a rush to get them done.

My understanding is that Ford hasn't yet come up with parts to fix the Tailgate issue.
    The Daytime Running lights I would not like done. I really like the running lights bright at night when driving in the country. And I never get flashed.
    The carpet shielding is a safety item that I wouldn't mind getting fixed.

There's another Service bulletin that affects frozen door locks. Being in Florida that isn't a concern.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These complaints sound familiar. Like when people are talking about how bad trailers are built and they should be built like cars that don't have problems.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think these notions/issues are peculiar to the automotive or RV industries. Years ago, Bill Gates commented at a COMDEX that, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response, General Motors issues a press release stating: "If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.

For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post

Thanks, -Jeff
    Yep just had all 3 done on my F350, they're very minor and you should be able to get them all done in one day. The only one I was bummed about is the daytime running lights, those things stayed bright at night with the headlights on and really helped light up the road. I can see where they'd be obnoxious to other drivers though lol. My tailgate actually dropped one time while I was towing AND making a turn, could not believe it didn't hit the trailer!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a 2019 F150 Lariat since March and no recalls yet. Would think systems are identical/similar to the heavier trucks.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Yep just had all 3 done on my F350, they're very minor and you should be able to get them all done in one day. The only one I was bummed about is the daytime running lights, those things stayed bright at night with the headlights on and really helped light up the road. I can see where they'd be obnoxious to other drivers though lol. My tailgate actually dropped one time while I was towing AND making a turn, could not believe it didn't hit the trailer!
    My '17, the daytime running lights only come on with the light switch in the auto position. So, this issue is not present....wonder why they changed that?
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have these on my 'to do' list. Since none are serious (IMO) I will be waiting for the next oil change to get them done.
    I like the running lights as they are, but I am sure some people might have a problem. I get it, they don't comply with the rules and could be a problem for others.
    Never had an unauthorized tailgate pop.
    All things considered, I look at these as minor items that are being addressed. You don't have to go back too far to remember when all of these issues were completely ignored. Once you drove off the lot, you were all on your own.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast