User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grant's Pass, Oregon to Gold Beach Oregon

We are planning a trip to the Oregon Coast in early July. We will likely be staying in the Grant's Pass area for several days while we trek to Crater Lake. Once done, we want to head across to Gold Beach. One option is to take Redwood Highway (HW 199 I think) which takes us near Crescent City, Ca.where we catch HW 101N. How is this road for towing our 303RLS? Are there better options?

Thanks
    Frank
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankd View Post
    We are planning a trip to the Oregon Coast in early July. We will likely be staying in the Grant's Pass area for several days while we trek to Crater Lake. Once done, we want to head across to Gold Beach. One option is to take Redwood Highway (HW 199 I think) which takes us near Crescent City, Ca.where we catch HW 101N. How is this road for towing our 303RLS? Are there better options?

Thanks
    Frank
    Hi Frank, It's a beautiful drive and one I've done many times towing my trailer. The highway is in good shape but there is a section following the Smith river that gets a little narrow so you just take it a little slower. Enjoy the scenery! Coop
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did that trip with a Solitude 310gk. It was great!

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk [emoji3513]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great place to stay in Gold Beach is Turtle Rock RV resort. Short walk from the park to the beach. https://www.turtlerockresorts.com/Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190913_153618.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	24221

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk [emoji3513]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will check it out
    Frank and Harriett
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oregon has great state parks. Valley of the Rogue State Park is twelve miles south of Grants Pass. There is a little noise from I-5 (get a site as close to the river as possible) but full hook-ups are about $30 a night. We have stayed there many times (my folks live in the area) and love it as a base camp for Southern Oregon. We have rented a beach house at Gold Beach but never camped. Always loved to take the jet boats up the river and the family style family dinners at Lucas Lodge in Agness are some of my family's fondest memories. A little north of Gold Beach is the town of Bandon. It has been like a home away from home for my family. Bullards Beach State Park has an awesome campground. I've traveled the 199 a number of times, most recently with a 35' bumper pull. It's a gorgeous drive and will be a piece of cake with that 303 in tow. Stop at Taylor Meats in Cave Junction if you need a bite to eat...I never had a problem finding a space on the street long enough for the truck and trailer. I'm jealous! Have a great time!
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plans changed just a wee bit — we start in Boardman, then onto Sisters, Crescent, O,Brien, Florence and finally Seal Rock. This will be a 45-50 day trip. From O’Brien, we will do a few day trips Crescent City, Ca. and Brookings. This will be our longest outing and should be loads of fun.
    Frank and Harriett
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankd View Post

Thanks
    Frank
    When in July will you be there?? I just made our reservations in Crescent City today for July 8-11!!! I'm glad to hear that Hwy 199 is a good option. We plan to go to Ashland, OR from Crescent using Hwy 199.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    When in July will you be there?? I just made our reservations in Crescent City today for July 8-11!!! I'm glad to hear that Hwy 199 is a good option. We plan to go to Ashland, OR from Crescent using Hwy 199.
    We will be in Crescent, Oregon from the 9th leaving on the 12th for O’Brien, Oregon on the 12th. We’ll be at Lone Mountain RV Park (1st visit) until the 14th.
    Frank and Harriett
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    When you check out Ashland, also go to Jacksonville, Oregon. It's a nice tourist town with a lot of history. And like Jeff said; check out Taylor Meats in Cave Junction. Maybe even the Oregon Caves NP too.

The temps inland could be 90 or 100 and the coast; 65 maybe. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast