User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    @chunker My 2017 Momentum has the slide hydraulic valves in the curb side propane compartment. I would guess the new ones have them there as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks and I presume the same older single switch for the hydraulic slides. I never used the newer valves, didn't on the Solitude either when I had it, but it appeared that closing one was made more user friendly that crawling up in the upper side of the front compartment with the previous design.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, singe switch for both slides. Not sure if that has changed. I've used the valves a few times, I'd say it is as user friendly as it could be. Well, a hand wheel instead of a knob would be more user friendly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    John a question about the slides. I presume the 2 in the living area are hydraulic and bedroom electric. In my 15 Solitude a single control for the LR slides was offered and basically you accepted which ever slide went out first. There were valves on top of the hydraulic pump that you could close to isolate one or the other actuators. My understanding that in later model Solitudes, the actuator control valves were moved to the right side propane tank area and have more readily accessible and usable shutoff valves. Did this feature make it to the Momentum M class?. Actually the best solution I see is an actual control for each slide but in the past wasn't offered with hydraulic versions. Reason for the concern is a stop at a rest area for lunch or a previously mentioned overnight with limited space. Run the slide out a bit to access the fridge and close after use.

How noisy is the generator when attempting to sleep? My 2011 Raptor 300MP had an east/west bed in a slide with of course the gas generator directly under the bed area. Bed and bath was usable with the slide in. I'll say after a long day and parked in a Louisiana rest area along side of I-10, with the air going above my head the traffic didn't interfere at all with sleeping.
    You are correct with your presumption. The valves for the hydraulic slides are in the curbside propane compartment. They aren't marked, so I would suggest you experiment and mark the valves for future reference (I have not done this yet). This way, you could run out the refer slide without running out the couch slide as needed. The genny is actually real quiet. Our bed is directly above the genny, and although you can hear it while in bed, it's really just background noise, unless your really sensitive to noise. I will qualify that by saying I do wear hearing aids... LOL.

John

P.S. I wouldn't recommend just running the slide out a bit unless you have no choice. My best practice recommendation is all the way out and all the way in...
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I am half deaf myself, more if you ask my GF. So with the CPAP, air conditioner, generator I have plenty of white noise to comfort me.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    You are correct, the refer is not accessible with the slides in on the 351/381. The freezer is accessible, but you kinda have to sit on the island, unless you have really long arms. With the slides in, you have full access to the front bathroom and bedroom, and the hutch but that's about it. In a pinch, you do have access to the microwave so you could fire up the genny and nuke a frozen entree for something to eat and use an ice chest for a cold one.

John
    John is the couch/recliner assembly in the slide a sectional piece? It looks in pictures that it could be 4 pieces connected together. If so I wonder if the 2 inner pieces could be removed, connect the 2 "ends" then put a suitable decent swivel rocker recliner in the space. Or small free standing table and chair. I ask because my impression of most RV furniture has been low. Better than the typical bed though.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    John is the couch/recliner assembly in the slide a sectional piece? It looks in pictures that it could be 4 pieces connected together. If so I wonder if the 2 inner pieces could be removed, connect the 2 "ends" then put a suitable decent swivel rocker recliner in the space. Or small free standing table and chair. I ask because my impression of most RV furniture has been low. Better than the typical bed though.
    Going by memory here, so I could be wrong, but I believe they are 2 piece. One center seat and one end seat connected together as one piece, There is a left and a right assembly. I'm thinking you could for example remove the right section and move the left section over to the right. That would put the center seat without the arm against the wall and the end seat with the arm to the outside. Then you could put a small table and chair where the left section was. It could work...

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 351M is indeed a 4-piece sectional. I removed the 2 centers and moved the "ends" together...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    Our 351M is indeed a 4-piece sectional. I removed the 2 centers and moved the "ends" together...
    See, I stand corrected...

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Question for 351 owners. What are the actual weights shown on the left side data sticker for UVW and pin weight as it left the factory with installed options. Since so many of the options are on most of the trailers out there, generator, Happy Jack bed, 3rd air, rear deck system, that is considerable weight not accounted for in the published "average weight" of 13,600# and average pin of 2785#. I have seen statements that those "average" mean no options. If that's a fact then the 4 items I listed would add close 7-800+#. I figure the pin wouldn't change much though.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 351M with all options you note: 13,968 UVW with estimated hitch weight of 2,814. My actual pin weight with no toys in back and trailer at 15,900 pounds (full water and only about 12-gallons of gas) was 3,420 pounds...More weight in back would reduce this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast