User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    2019 351M with all options you note: 13,968 UVW with estimated hitch weight of 2,814. My actual pin weight with no toys in back and trailer at 15,900 pounds (full water and only about 12-gallons of gas) was 3,420 pounds...More weight in back would reduce this.
    Thanks, do you have as options at least the 4 I listed. From my Solitude research the generator is around 290#, I read here the Happy Jack around 300#, 3rd air would be about 75# and no idea about aluminum patio system.
    Last edited by chunker; 01-14-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    Question for 351 owners. What are the actual weights shown on the left side data sticker for UVW and pin weight as it left the factory with installed options. Since so many of the options are on most of the trailers out there, generator, Happy Jack bed, 3rd air, rear deck system, that is considerable weight not accounted for in the published "average weight" of 13,600# and average pin of 2785#. I have seen statements that those "average" mean no options. If that's a fact then the 4 items I listed would add close 7-800+#. I figure the pin wouldn't change much though.
    I spoke with the GD rep at length before ordering our 351M. He stated that is the average weight with propane and genny. King bed is negligible,as they get rid of.the nightstand. Does not include a battery though. My 351 is being built and I'll be going to cat scale first thing in early February.

I expect to get around 2600 pin weight with a golf cart and harley in back. I may have to fill up with water on purpose to increase pin weight.

Dale

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, do you have as options at least the 4 I listed. From my Solitude research the generator is around 290#, I read here the Happy Jack around 300#, 3rd air would be about 75# and no idea about aluminum patio system.
    Yes, all of them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalek77 View Post
    I spoke with the GD rep at length before ordering our 351M. He stated that is the average weight with propane and genny. King bed is negligible,as they get rid of.the nightstand. Does not include a battery though. My 351 is being built and I'll be going to cat scale first thing in early February.

I expect to get around 2600 pin weight with a golf cart and harley in back. I may have to fill up with water on purpose to increase pin weight.

Dale

That weight would make more sense but in "tomato" case I wonder what the 368# difference was between GD average and his published weights. Guessing maybe the HappiJac and 3rd air. Those numbers give me a good inside where I'll be. As a past note I did go through some 351 a couple years ago but need to spend a couple hours "pretending to live in it" at a dealer to make sure the plan fits my life.

Thanks.
    David
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That weight would make more sense but in "tomato" case I wonder what the 368# difference was between GD average and his published weights. Guessing maybe the HappiJac and 3rd air. Those numbers give me a good inside where I'll be. As a past note I did go through some 351 a couple years ago but need to spend a couple hours "pretending to live in it" at a dealer to make sure the plan fits my life.

Thanks.
    David
    He said he had full water, which is near front. And only 12 gallons of gas in rear to balance it out. Happyjac and 3rd ac are in rear, so lightens the pin very slightly. 157 gallons x 8.3 is 1300 lbs roughly added to near front of trailer.

Last edited by dalek77; 01-14-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He said he had full water, which is near front. And only 12 gallons of gas in rear to balance it out. Happyjac and 3rd ac are in rear, so lightens the pin very slightly. 157 gallons x 8.3 is 1300 lbs roughly added to near front of trailer.

Last night I was giving some thought about weight transfer and what effects it would have. Depending on how far forward of the center of the axles the fresh water tank is, depends on how much of that weight is on the pin and how much on the axles. Example if the tank was half way between, the 1/2 of the tanks weight would be on pin, 1/2 on the axles. If closer to the axles, then less is on the pin. As a kid think where you put the "big kid" on a teeter totter. Of course loads in the garage have a negative effect on pin weight again depending on how much weight, and how far back from the axles.

I spent a career in Army aviation and weight and balance was a regular part of my daily calculations and training. After I get my 351 I may develop a crude sort of program to assist me and others in getting a good weight balancing. I have not yet weighed my truck but I will soon. When I get the trailer I'll decide on a "base weight" and go twice through the scales, second time with just the left side on the scales so I can check later center of gravity weights.

My motorhome weights about 750# more on the right side and it's difficult to attempt to balance that difference. In my case that extra weight translates to extra weight on the right suspension with the height adjustments must compensate for, air leveling. For the motorhome, all tanks are between the frame rails and between the axles. Adding fluids doesn't affect balancing much. With the toy hauler I'll be generally carrying 1 bike, a 775# HD. My chock mounting system I have from my Raptor days allows me to mount the chock on either side to get the best balancing of that ride. Won't have real answers until I get the trailer and do my weighing.
    Last edited by chunker; 01-15-2020 at 07:46 AM.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With my H-D in garage, full fuel tanks, full propane, no water, no grey/black, my rear axles scaled at 13100. 900 shy of max capacity of both axles. I believe the water tanks are above and slightly forward of axles. Pure guess based on location of dump valves for the fresh tanks. Pin weight before loading HD is right at 2880, after, 2760. So like someone else on the forums calculated, you lose roughly 100lbs of pin per 1000lbs in garage depending on placement of trailer axles of your particular toy hauler. With my setup, the 351m tows much better with the Harley in the garage; I get some back and forth jerking without it. I use the Andersen hitch.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I was giving some thought about weight transfer and what effects it would have. Depending on how far forward of the center of the axles the fresh water tank is, depends on how much of that weight is on the pin and how much on the axles. Example if the tank was half way between, the 1/2 of the tanks weight would be on pin, 1/2 on the axles. If closer to the axles, then less is on the pin. As a kid think where you put the "big kid" on a teeter totter. Of course loads in the garage have a negative effect on pin weight again depending on how much weight, and how far back from the axles.

I spent a career in Army aviation and weight and balance was a regular part of my daily calculations and training. After I get my 351 I may develop a crude sort of program to assist me and others in getting a good weight balancing. I have not yet weighed my truck but I will soon. When I get the trailer I'll decide on a "base weight" and go twice through the scales, second time with just the left side on the scales so I can check later center of gravity weights.

My motorhome weights about 750# more on the right side and it's difficult to attempt to balance that difference. In my case that extra weight translates to extra weight on the right suspension with the height adjustments must compensate for, air leveling. For the motorhome, all tanks are between the frame rails and between the axles. Adding fluids doesn't affect balancing much. With the toy hauler I'll be generally carrying 1 bike, a 775# HD. My chock mounting system I have from my Raptor days allows me to mount the chock on either side to get the best balancing of that ride. Won't have real answers until I get the trailer and do my weighing.
    Exactly. I'll have a golf cart and harley in my garage, almost 2k lbs. It will be interesting to see my pin weight, but I don't want to go to light. I'd like to stay near 20% as much as possible to prevent sway. I'll use water to counter balance the rear.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know approximately how much the total cargo carrying capacity will be? Sounds like you could be close by the time you get everything loaded, even if you don’t fill up with water?

Dale

Exactly. I'll have a golf cart and harley in my garage, almost 2k lbs. It will be interesting to see my pin weight, but I don't want to go to light. I'd like to stay near 20% as much as possible to prevent sway. I'll use water to counter balance the rear.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    Do you know approximately how much the total cargo carrying capacity will be? Sounds like you could be close by the time you get everything loaded, even if you don’t fill up with water?
    I'll only be at 2kish cargo weight. Plenty of room to gvwr of 16800.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast