User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to confirm the average CCC of a 351M, most of the dealers website photos include a pic of the sticker.
    The 2020 351M's I looked at had a max CCC of approx 2600lbs (see attached photo), which includes everything you would load into it.
    That was part of the reason I ended up going with a 381M, on a lot of my camping trips I'll have the fresh water topped off when I leave home which will add about 1250lbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unit_photo_201912120922538615004593.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	24319
    Last edited by DarylB; 01-15-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    You might want to confirm the average CCC of a 351M, most of the dealers website photos include a pic of the sticker.
    The 2020 351M's I looked at had a max CCC of approx 2600lbs (see attached photo), which includes everything you would load into it.
    That was part of the reason I ended up going with a 381M, on a lot of my camping trips I'll have the fresh water topped off when I leave home which will add about 1250lbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unit_photo_201912120922538615004593.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	24319
    I did my research and will be under all weight that matters. Pin weight, payload capacity, and gcwr. If I ever dry camp, I will only be taking one toy.

99% of my travel will be full hookups and won't need water.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a 2016 (new) 350M because I didn’t want to deal with 3 axle maintenance expense. Also I was assured by the dealer that I would be well within limit carrying my Harley Limited. In 2019 I took advantage of the weigh in offered at the Grand Design Elkhart rally. Carrying the motorcycle and about 1/2 water and fuel and groceries, etc, we weighed in at a whopping 19,800 lbs, well over the 16,500 GVWR of the 350M/351M. We are now in the market for a 381M for the added payload. We absolutely love our 350M, but are very mindful of the weight limitations. We are unable to get our weight below the GVWR without completely emptying the coach.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredATC View Post
    I purchased a 2016 (new) 350M because I didn’t want to deal with 3 axle maintenance expense. Also I was assured by the dealer that I would be well within limit carrying my Harley Limited. In 2019 I took advantage of the weigh in offered at the Grand Design Elkhart rally. Carrying the motorcycle and about 1/2 water and fuel and groceries, etc, we weighed in at a whopping 19,800 lbs, well over the 16,500 GVWR of the 350M/351M. We are now in the market for a 381M for the added payload. We absolutely love our 350M, but are very mindful of the weight limitations. We are unable to get our weight below the GVWR without completely emptying the coach.
    So dry, they're about 13,600 lbs. You had over 6,000 lbs in weight with a Harley 1k, water full 1.1k, and gas full is 420. Where's the other 3k thousand plus at? What was wrong with yours because we've had numerous people on scales dry getting less than 14k and matching sticker.

Something seems very wrong and I'd have to get to the bottom of it if I were you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's interesting. What did you have onboard that weighed that much? I figure my Heritage at 775#, tools, compressor and gear will be about 12-1300# total. I'll usually travel with about 1/4 tank fresh and empty all waste tanks before driving. I can't imagine all my stuff adding to over 2500# which is what seems to be average cargo capacity for a 351M.

I'd take it to a CAT scales as I suspect the rally scales were off.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalek77 View Post
    So dry, they're about 13,600 lbs. You had over 6,000 lbs in weight with a Harley 1k, water full 1.1k, and gas full is 420. Where's the other 3k thousand plus at? What was wrong with yours because we've had numerous people on scales dry getting less than 14k and matching sticker.

Something seems very wrong and I'd have to get to the bottom of it if I were you.

I'm with Dale. Did you let the wife bring ALL her shoes? How did you not blow tire after tire? That number seems a bit off. Over 3k in other stuff in top of your bike, water, and fuel seems a bit much.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rush2122 View Post
    I'm with Dale. Did you let the wife bring ALL her shoes? How did you not blow tire after tire? That number seems a bit off. Over 3k in other stuff in top of your bike, water, and fuel seems a bit much.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    I did a little research. That poster has 2 posts and the other one is a posting in the classifieds back in Sept 19, and the way it's described, everything in the world was added. Picture shows 6 solar panels on the roof, claims 8K axles, 18 ply tires, and EVERY option and a bunch of upgrades. Looks to me like he added stuff willy nilly without regard to available CC and now finds himself with a basically one off grossly overloaded RV. Now in the interest of disclosure do you think he will reveal to a potential buyer the weight ticket from the rally?
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be right. Didn't realize that 6 25lb solar panels, 15lb inverter, 6 20 lb lithium bats would put me so far over. Must be all that 4-0 wire I ran between the bats, that stuff is really heavy. As for the options, they were added at the factory and are included in the stickered weight. Perhaps I should remove my tools, groceries and other non-essential items added in willy nilly fashion as you suggest. That should get me well below GVWR. Unbelievable!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You may be right. Didn't realize that 6 25lb solar panels, 15lb inverter, 6 20 lb lithium bats would put me so far over. Must be all that 4-0 wire I ran between the bats, that stuff is really heavy. As for the options, they were added at the factory and are included in the stickered weight. Perhaps I should remove my tools, groceries and other non-essential items added in willy nilly fashion as you suggest. That should get me well below GVWR. Unbelievable!
    Wasn't intended as an insult, just an unbiased observation of the situation. An open box isn't an invitation to fill it. Like a paper grocery sack, lots of volume, just don't load it with gold bars. All RVs come with published weight ratings and unless you can get a factory recertification, good luck on that, we have to operate within those limits. Assuming you had around 2500+- pounds of available cargo capacity, everything you add subtracts. Axles heavier??, and yes the solar, wiring, controllers, etc. all adds up. I assume that you weighed and recorded everything you added so you would have an idea of remaining CC. The published fresh tank capacity of 157 equals 1330+ pounds, over half of starting CC. I don't travel with full tanks.

I'm still somewhat confused where the extra ton or so of stuff is. Not my issue but those wires must be really heavy. I'll re-suggest going to a CAT scale to verify those weights.

EDIT ADDING; If you do go to a 381M and add all the things you did to the 351M you'll be over gross on that one too. The 381, while having a 20K GVWR weighs more than 1K over a 351M. Also bigger box for more room to put stuff.
    Last edited by chunker; 01-19-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234