SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Park (leave hitched to truck - if pretty level, no chocks needed - parking break on)
    Hit the button to auto-level
    You hit auto level while hooked up to your truck? How does the system deal with its initial "bow"?
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the front is about level so when I drop the feet, that sets the minimum height, can't go lower. I have electric leveling, not hydraulic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing I will add is I unhook the trailer light/brake plug from the truck. This separates the power systems.

Red

P.S. Not sure why you're in such a hurry for a 200 mile day. We average 50 miles per hour while traveling with the starts and stops etc.

YMMV
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea on the truck plug. I forgot about that on my last trip. My overnight stops I kept 5er hitched, and forgot to unplug. Nothing happened, but I think it's a good idea.

Agree on why in a hurry for 200 mile day. Get up, relax, have a cup of coffee or so, leave by 1000 AM and you'll be at the next stop before dinner. If I stay just one night, I still stay hooked up, unless I think I need to run into town for whatever reason.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me at least, if I am just sleeping between driving days at a rest stop or a boondock site somewhere - on the way to my final destination, that is why then "quick camp" protocol comes into play.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do this a lot when going cross country. We get close to level with blocks under the wheels, then level with jacks without unhooking. Yes you can do it without any strain on the hitch just by reliving the load on the truck. Hook up electric, but not water or sewer, run slides out, have a beer and relax. We use the showers and bathrooms at the campground, have a bit of water to flush the toilet in the middle of the night. Takes us about 5 minutes to run the slides in, the jacks up, and stow the power cord. Pull ahead, grab the blocks, one last bathroom break, and we are on the road in less than 20 min.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave and Sue,
    We have a checklist on a clipboard. It makes us check everything quickly and not forget anything. It works for us!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are staying out for 3 months why does it matter how soon you get there? Do a full setup and stay a couple days, then move on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast