User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a schedule. we don’t have the luxury nor unlimited amounts of disposable income to float around the country aimlessly. but, thanks for the advice.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 miles a day is a pretty easy drive. Once I get into the 300's, I start to wear down. Most I've gone in one day is ~400 miles. That's a long haul no doubt. 200 miles I think a reasonable departure in the morning is manageable, and expediency of tear down is less important to me.

My most recent trip, I did right at about 300 miles a day. Left by 1000 in the morning, pulled in for the night between 4 and 5. Still left truck hooked up, didn't hook up water (had water in tanks), hooked up electric, let out slides, chock and level, etc.. Took me probably an hour or so to depart, but I wasn't in a hurry, and we ate breakfast, walked the dog etc..Last day on the way home was at a FHU site, so I flushed my tanks really good before leaving.

Guess I shared that to say, if your plan has you traveling about 200 miles a day, you can probably take a little more time and relax in the AM. All depends on what's available and where you are I reckon.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're on vacation! Take it easy. Be comfortable. We do everything and are hooked up in less than 30 minutes. In the AM, we unhook and are gone in less that 30 minutes. Take it easy and enjoy your trailer!

BTW. Do put your stabilizing jacks down. Also hook up the drain hose. You don't want to pay for gas to haul your black and gray water around.

Have fun. Take it easy. Go slow.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the overnight stop process. Well in advance I reserve a pull through sight long enough to accommodate the hitched truck and trailer. It's almost always the type of place I would hate to camp at but love to overnight at; just off the freeway, 100% paved and level sites, and adjacent to a fuel station. I stay hitched and drop the stabilizers. I don't usually bother with the auto level. All the slides go out, and I hook up electricity and water. For dinner, we have one of those pasta, chicken and veggie meals in the freezer and a bagged salad mix. Usually we have time to walk around the park and watch a movie before bed. The next morning it is no more than 45 minutes from the time the alarm goes off until we're pulling out.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenSue View Post
    Dave and Sue,
    We have a checklist on a clipboard. It makes us check everything quickly and not forget anything. It works for us!
    Any chance you could share that check list - probably help out with my CRS
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    As title mentions, on our next 3 month trip, Jun-Aug, 2020, we will me making a number of short-lived one night stands on our way to our next Campsite. We have done this a few times in the past but would like some input on your successful best practices that allow for a comfortable nights sleep combined with a way to breakdown in the morning to make a quick and efficient getaway.

Here is what we have done in the past which has worked “ok” but you may have other ideas that we would find helpful: (our rig and tv are listed below)

What we do NOT do:
    Extend our slide, lower the stabilizer jacks, hook up 2nd FW drain, disconnect from WDH/TV.

What we DO:

Put chocks behind tires, put tv Emgncy brake on, hook up the forward Blk/Gry drain hose, hook up 30 amp service, lower front jack to touch ground/block only lightly, and minimize walking around in rig too much before going to sleep. I can typically do all this in less than 45 min.

All tips, suggestions appreciated.

Dave and Sue
    Dave and Sue - have a great trip.

I have done the Walmart camping with out issue, I always check inside first and then try to get with a group. Cracker barrel also allows overnight stay, but you need to get there after hours and park out of the way. Now I also just discovered in various states they allow parking in their parks or designated free camping sites (Texas 84). Just ask. I also have a CB and try to get local information. I also look for many County and State parks - usually quick stops right off the highway. And in one case after changing a flat tire I was invited to park in a farmers drive way when he stooped to help. One other thing ask at you last fuel stop if there is something down the road, and if you see a trooper or local constable, say hello and ask them about quick camping stops too. That's where I found the local city camping spots and I always got breakfast where I stopped. I cant remember the town, but the local sheriff checked on us during the night (drove by). Several others joined us too. I said thank you at breakfast too. Truck stops are OK too if you don't mind a little noise. Now rest areas can be a bit touchy if you have the landing gear down, or slide out out. Best ask what their policy is. There is a beautiful county one north of Childress on 287 that will allow overnight stays, but best to ask. With all of today's camping apps you sure to fins something.

I travel with full tank of water and when stopped just drop the landing gear, extend the slide (must to get to the bedroom) unplug from truck (stay hitched). I look for a fairly level site/parking lot. I also park so that no one can block me in.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Any chance you could share that check list - probably help out with my CRS
    TRAILER CHECKLIST
    Blocks in front/behind tires stowed
    Outdoor cabinets locked
    Electric water heater OFF
    Water pump OFF