User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the last seven year of full time we have been to several hundred campgrounds and I always measure the water pressure before hooking up. Water pressure is normally 40-50-60psi with lows of 30psi. I have found a few, not many, that run higher. Several at 100-110psi, some at 90 and more at 80psi. Like I said most are between 40-60. My old Heatland trailer recommended 60 psi max and my new 2020 Grand Design recommends 40psi. I have always used a pressure regulator if the pressure was over 60 psi but now I always use one.

Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    We have camped at hundreds of different locations. Mostly water pressure runs about 40-50, but then there was this one place in Austin, TX. Had a little sign in the office, Caution, High Water Pressure. When I put the tester on it I got 110 psi. Yup that's high. After that I bought an adjustable pressure regulator and attached it to the intake inside my water connection box. We camp in freezing temps, inside the box is heated so it won't freeze. After installing it and setting it to 50 psi I have pretty much just forgotten about it.

110 psi will pop poorly made connections. There have been some failures on GD products, not a lot, but some. Like someone said above, cheap insurance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding out NOW that you might want to use a water pressure regulator is great.

Finding out you might want to use a water pressure regulator when you see water pouring out your camper, not so great.

I've seen it, and it ain't pretty. We just use one of the the cheap pressure regulators/reducers, and I keep a few on hand to loan out. No need to spend a bunch of cash...
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years ago, we were at rv park that warned us, when we checked in, about high water pressure. I have alway used a pressure regulator which I attached at the RV end of the hose. One day, during our stay, I stepped outside and heard the sound of water running. I walked around the RV toward the sound and discovered that the water pressure blew the hose out of the hose fitting. Since then, I attach the pressure regulator to the spigot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! What a response! As I stated I didn't know this to be such a thing. Anyway, I purchased a water test gauge for pressure output at the faucet. I learned the pressure at my house is only a whopping 40 PSI. However, I do live on a hill and at the top of it. I am sure that has a little something to do with it. The bottom of the hill is about 170 feet lower in elevation. I am sure those couple of houses might have a slightly higher water pressure output. Neither here nor there, my GD Rv would be happy with the house's water pressure for all intent and purposes.

I will most likely pick something up from Amazon or on line retailer at some point prior to this upcoming camping season. We got a few Amazon gift cards so I will just pick up something over there. However I was looking at Home Depot tonight. Well I think my wife would kill me figuratively and in the literal sense if I said, could we think about trading in the trailer for a 5'er! LoL My mind started working on a idea of a built in and permanent regulator with a built in water filter. I kind of started with a Clearview (?) Water filtration system. It came up in my Amazon search. It's like 300 bucks though but it looks really cool for the trailer and probably just as easy to use as the blue torpedo filters from Camco. My wife and I like those for when we are away and do get any weird tasting water. Oh the reason for the 5er, well to incorporate everything into one tidy package. I like the size of my pass thru storage. However, if I got something bigger... Oh boy I could have some fun. There would be an air compressor setup and all kinds of goodies. Ok enough about that... LoL
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180712_164526.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	24225

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    Well I think my wife would kill me figuratively and in the literal sense if I said, could we think about trading in the trailer for a 5'er!
    So you have to find something the wife doesn't like about your current trailer and work for a solution to that. We used to carry her motorcycle in the kitchen, mine was on a rack in the back. She was getting tired of loading and unloading it every time we stopped. We now have Momentum 376 with a little garage in the back....

Just trying to be helpful.

I apologize for the topic deviation....
    Last edited by D2Reid; 01-11-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D2Reid, LoL It's kind of a day dream I had about the 5'er cargo hold. My wife and I are very content with our current trailer. Honestly, if our trailer was able to be stored at our residence, I think I would actually plan out a more permanent filtration and regulator system of the trailer's water supply.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like FT4NOW, I built my own. Same as used for my stick and brick homes. The nice part is it doesn't restrict flow and therefore, if the pressure is low, it doesn't impede. I've run into a few high pressure sites (over 90psi) and am glad I have mine. I do not have it mounted, but attach it to the spigot so my hose isn't exposed to the pressure either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unless a nice $40 pressure regulator is out of reach for your budget, use one and be safe rather than sorry. it’s a pretty cheap insurance policy. u might be trying to shoot a squirrel with a bazooka.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    So you have to find something the wife doesn't like about your current trailer and work for a solution to that. We used to carry her motorcycle in the kitchen, mine was on a rack in the back. She was getting tired of loading and unloading it every time we stopped. We now have Momentum 376 with a little garage in the back....
    Dallas, why did your wife menacingly hold a swatter during the exercise? Was that a form of "encouragement" to not drop her bike as you come out?

Good plan.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast