Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 351m Storage

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

351m Storage

Curious to know what others have done to increase storage on the 351M. It only has one outside storage area and it's not very big due to the central vacuum I believe.

Do you just throw everything in the garage? Is there a mod/upgrade thread for 351Ms. I'm thinking of putting more storage in the garage, but still need room for the harley and golf cart.

Thanks all!

Dale

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    351m owner here. I dont believe there is a thread specificall for the 351m, just the DIY/Mod section. We have no people use for the bunk so ours will be converted to storage cabinets. Im new to this site also but there is a post where someone had it converted by a trailer shop. Also, others have moved their angled basement wall back so it doesn't intrude as much. I looked back there and it looks like the 351m basement wall can be pushed back also. If you do not need the bed in the garage, an idea would be to remove it and have cabinets made to fit into each lift rail on either side. I removed the bed to let the light shine down and allow the a/c air to circulate better.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    351m owner here. I dont believe there is a thread specificall for the 351m, just the DIY/Mod section. We have no people use for the bunk so ours will be converted to storage cabinets. Im new to this site also but there is a post where someone had it converted by a trailer shop. Also, others have moved their angled basement wall back so it doesn't intrude as much. I looked back there and it looks like the 351m basement wall can be pushed back also. If you do not need the bed in the garage, an idea would be to remove it and have cabinets made to fit into each lift rail on either side. I removed the bed to let the light shine down and allow the a/c air to circulate better.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll need to check the angled part and see if I can push it back as well. The 351m has pretty poor storage on the outside. I do need the beds and like having a table in the back for dinner, since we have the couch in living area and no dinette. I do like the idea about the loft. Wish I could have skipped that being put in. We are actually getting our 351m built at the factory now.

Take care,

Dale

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalek77 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'll need to check the angled part and see if I can push it back as well. The 351m has pretty poor storage on the outside. I do need the beds and like having a table in the back for dinner, since we have the couch in living area and no dinette. I do like the idea about the loft. Wish I could have skipped that being put in. We are actually getting our 351m built at the factory now.

Take care,

Dale

Owner of 2020 351 that I’ve heavily modified. Factory basement wall is angled. I gained a lot of storage area by removing carpeted Osb angled wall (4 screws) and framing a straight extension wall from existing wall on left side with 2x2’s. Then framed another wall 90* to straight wall about 16” in front of water pump and Nautilus mess and then another short wall that terminated on right side of Nautilus frame. Used 2” pink foam on all walls including original factory straight section. Then screwed 1/4 plywood to all walls. Painted plywood white and now I not only have quite a bit of increased storage space but it is white and bright. After doing walls I also placed foam in ceiling between aluminum “joists” and covered all of that in white plywood. Blocked off basement ceiling vent as had no desire to heat basement storage area. Insulated because I wanted heat in underbelly not basement and basement ceiling is right under our bed. Even with basement heat duct blocked, basement gets warm. When not packing grandkids, loft area holds a lot of stuff. Next storage mod is Gladiator slat wall mounted to garage side of loft wall then storage baskets mounted to slat wall.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleguy View Post
    Owner of 2020 351 that I’ve heavily modified. Factory basement wall is angled. I gained a lot of storage area by removing carpeted Osb angled wall (4 screws) and framing a straight extension wall from existing wall on left side with 2x2’s. Then framed another wall 90* to straight wall about 16” in front of water pump and Nautilus mess and then another short wall that terminated on right side of Nautilus frame. Used 2” pink foam on all walls including original factory straight section. Then screwed 1/4 plywood to all walls. Painted plywood white and now I not only have quite a bit of increased storage space but it is white and bright. After doing walls I also placed foam in ceiling between aluminum “joists” and covered all of that in white plywood. Blocked off basement ceiling vent as had no desire to heat basement storage area. Insulated because I wanted heat in underbelly not basement and basement ceiling is right under our bed. Even with basement heat duct blocked, basement gets warm. When not packing grandkids, loft area holds a lot of stuff. Next storage mod is Gladiator slat wall mounted to garage side of loft wall then storage baskets mounted to slat wall.
    This is awesome! Do you have pics or another thread showing this?

Thanks for the ideas!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalek77 View Post
    This is awesome! Do you have pics or another thread showing this?

Thanks for the ideas!

X2 please...
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    X2 please...
    Sorry, no Pics or documentation. I had only 9 days from purchase to month long trip to Alaska. Dealer got it in 1.5 months sooner then expected. It was a factory order but must have been already partially built when we ordered in early May. Had to install 2 320 watt solar panels and combiner box on roof. Then drop 4 gauge wire to basement. Wire up Morningstar controller. Hook up remotes for controller and a Trimetric meter. The install hard wired ems and sub panel for Magnum inverter/charger plus remotes to operate both. Then build custom battery box for 4 lead acid 6 volt batteries. Too many long days and short nights but got’er done and had a great trip. Plus everything worked with no issues.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries..If you an shoot some pics of final product when you have a chance that would be awesome!

Thank you!

2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    No worries..If you an shoot some pics of final product when you have a chance that would be awesome!

Thank you!
    Will do as soon as snow stops falling and temps warm a bit so I can unload basement.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleguy View Post
    Will do as soon as snow stops falling and temps warm a bit so I can unload basement.
    Much appreciated!

2020 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast