User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Boyscout. I have a 344GK Solitude with Thetford Aqua Magic ll, bolts 9.5 inches rear wall. Foot lever has fallen off multiple times, I'm not impressed with the quality. Dometic confirms 9 5/8" required for their 310 toilet, 11 inches required for the 320. Could I ask if you know that you had 11 inches to work with? And are you happy with the Dometic 320 quality? Thanks. Chris
    Chris G.
    2018 Solitude 344GK, Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes
    2020 F350 SRW, Long Box, Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt A20 hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    Thanks, Boyscout. I have a 344GK Solitude with Thetford Aqua Magic ll, bolts 9.5 inches rear wall. Foot lever has fallen off multiple times, I'm not impressed with the quality. Dometic confirms 9 5/8" required for their 310 toilet, 11 inches required for the 320. Could I ask if you know that you had 11 inches to work with? And are you happy with the Dometic 320 quality? Thanks. Chris
    Sorry, I don't know what was that dimension in our trailer. I installed the Dometic 320 in our Reflection 320MKS and when we traded it for a Solitude 310GK I had the dealer swap the toilets. They didn't mention any difficulty doing it, and there was no sign that they had to modify anything.

If you do have a dimension problem - and despite your measurement you may not - I've seen a tip here from someone else. He reported that when his bolts-to-wall dimension was too short for the Dometic 320 he was able to take out the screws attaching the flange to the floor and easily pull the flange forward before screwing it down again to gain the distance he needed.

In my time here I've seen only one report from someone claiming he could not fit the Dometic 320 into his trailer. In that case he was trying to install it in the second bathroom in the rear of a toy hauler. Easy for me to spend your time and money, but if I was you I'd buy the toilet. You can very likely make it work.

And yes, we're delighted with the toilet, well worth the time and expense. Big and comfortable, deep bowl, solid painted wooden seat, full-rim flush like your home toilet, and completely reliable and solid and trouble free.

Couple of tips about using this site:

When you're responding to any message here it's best to use the Reply With Quote link at the bottom of the message. That copies the content of the message into your response to it (see your message content above) which improves context for anyone reading this in the future. It also creates an alert for the person you're responding to, so they'll be more likely to return to this thread and see your response.

If including previous message content would be completely superfluous then you can instead insert the other person's username in your message, using the '@' symbol and the username as in @Chris G. That too creates an alert so the person is aware you have mentioned him/her in your post.

Both of these are better than using Private Message for content that doesn't have to be private and probably should not be private since it may be useful to others in the future.

Good luck with the toilet.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thetford part replacement vs. new Dometic toilet

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Sorry, I don't know what was that dimension in our trailer. I installed the Dometic 320 in our Reflection 320MKS and when we traded it for a Solitude 310GK I had the dealer swap the toilets. They didn't mention any difficulty doing it, and there was no sign that they had to modify anything.

If you do have a dimension problem - and despite your measurement you may not - I've seen a tip here from someone else. He reported that when his bolts-to-wall dimension was too short for the Dometic 320 he was able to take out the screws attaching the flange to the floor and easily pull the flange forward before screwing it down again to gain the distance he needed.

In my time here I've seen only one report from someone claiming he could not fit the Dometic 320 into his trailer. In that case he was trying to install it in the second bathroom in the rear of a toy hauler. Easy for me to spend your time and money, but if I was you I'd buy the toilet. You can very likely make it work.

And yes, we're delighted with the toilet, well worth the time and expense. Big and comfortable, deep bowl, solid painted wooden seat, full-rim flush like your home toilet, and completely reliable and solid and trouble free.

Couple of tips about using this site:

When you're responding to any message here it's best to use the Reply With Quote link at the bottom of the message. That copies the content of the message into your response to it (see your message content above) which improves context for anyone reading this in the future. It also creates an alert for the person you're responding to, so they'll be more likely to return to this thread and see your response.

If including previous message content would be completely superfluous then you can instead insert the other person's username in your message, using the '@' symbol and the username as in @Chris G. That too creates an alert so the person is aware you have mentioned him/her in your post.

Both of these are better than using Private Message for content that doesn't have to be private and probably should not be private since it may be useful to others in the future.

Good luck with the toilet.
    Thanks for all counsel! I have opted for the moment to replace the Thetford base only ($75 on Amazon) that includes all new moving parts. This because of 9.5 inch rough in dimension to wall behind. Dometic 320 requires 11 inches, and 310 requires 10 inches or 9 5/8 inches depending on manual consulted. They cautioned about a toilet contacting wall as trailer flex could affect mounting. If Thetford foot lever fails again I'll restrategize. Thetford also cautioned against pressing lever too far - perhaps gentle use will lead to longevity. Thanks again for the thorough sharing of your valuable knowledge! Chris
    Chris G.
    2018 Solitude 344GK, Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes
    2020 F350 SRW, Long Box, Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt A20 hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 303RLS upgraded toilet to Dometic 310

Hi, just replaced the standard Thetford aquamagic with a Dometic 310 in our 2020 303RLS. I wanted to share my good experience with others who maybe wondering about the swap for themselves.

My bolts were @ 10 1/2 inches from the wall, we have @ one inch clearance to the wall from the rear of the toilet. The standard water supply line just fit, it could not be any shorter. There is a tiny bit of flex for vibration. I was going to add a shut off valve, but learned about the vinyl pipe versus pex pipe dimensions issues. so that will be solved another day when I'm near a big store. The install took me @ 45 minutes from opening the box to dropping off the old toilet in the campsite dumpster.

We are fulltimers, today at Honey Bear, just north of Gold Beach Oregon. The site manager Dave was great about waiting for my delivery and approving the dumping of the old toilet in their dumpster. This our favorite vacation spot, so we are staying for a couple of months.

Peace,

Brian
    2017 Ram 3500
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    Fulltimers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12