Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Campers Inn new info??

I'm looking for a toy hauler a Grand Design specifically and there was a listing at a Campers Inn in GA. Never been in one and read some past posts on another forum about them. Wondering if they have their act together yet or turning into another CW with uninformed sales staff, slow or non existent service after the sale, and non-competitive pricing. The closest GD dealer to me is Dixie RV in NW FL and their sales and service sections get a D- to F grade. They did have some helpful parts people.

Over the weekend late did a additional info request but other than an automated response, nothing yet but with late in the weekend and a Sunday, that's to be expected. We'll see next week.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t speak to the Georgia outlet. Merrimack NH is where we bought, closest to us. They’ve been fair to deal with. I rate the service about a C, but then Grand Design gets a C+ for service in my opinion.
    Campers Inn does seem to be expanding and I think privately owned but I would expect some variability between location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got a call from a lady at the Macon GA store who is the weekend contact person. She confirmed the info I requested and will pass it to the appropriate sales person who will contact me sometime Monday am. Well we know they check their mail.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought from Campers Inn in Louisville last year. Sales guy was great and I feel as if I got a fair deal, 31% off MSRP. Had a couple warranty issues and the service department never returned a call when I tried to get some help. I showed up in person to get help, they were indifferent to helping and I decided it was easier to go through GD for the warrantied part and pay a service charge to have a mobile tech come out. From what I read most service departments suck and that is basically an accepted practice in the industry.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campers Inn bought the RV dealership in Huntsville, AL that has the GD franchise. The jury's out on them, but their predecessor didn't have the best reputation for good prices or service.

But Northgate RV in Ringgold, Georgia (south of Chattanooga) has a fabulous reputation for sales experience and service.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought three trailers, including my current 5er from the Macon Campers Inn. Good people. Treated me well, and good deal. No added BS like Camping World. No delivery fees or prep fees etc. Just price, small doc fee and TTL.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought in Madison Al from a company that was bought out by Campers Inn a couple of months afterwards. Sales was good, far price, great trade in but service depart lacks big time. Have much better luck with a local mobile service company. GD has been great for me about support.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only comment that we were working with Tyler @ Dixie RV when working out our Solitude and they were being extremely competitive and our hang up was the generator installation locally. Tyler had the box we wanted with gen prep and we were ready to go 700 miles to get that one with the generator in, but Sonny's in Concord NC came thru on the gen install. If Dixie is a consideration, I feel fairly positive about them. (so far).
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    I can only comment that we were working with Tyler @ Dixie RV when working out our Solitude and they were being extremely competitive and our hang up was the generator installation locally. Tyler had the box we wanted with gen prep and we were ready to go 700 miles to get that one with the generator in, but Sonny's in Concord NC came thru on the gen install. If Dixie is a consideration, I feel fairly positive about them. (so far).
    There are 5 Dixie locations and I've been into 2, Defuniak Springs FL and Calera AL. The AL location was a neutral feeling and the DFS was very negative for the sales. Went in twice, I'm a slow learner sometimes, and the knowledge of staff was limited and when they figured out I wasn't a sale today they dropped us like hot rocks. They weren't busy, just lazy and not customer oriented. Friends took their new Avalanche there to have slide awnings installed and they botched both trailers twice. Awnings are not a complicated install. Their online reviews are horrid. I did get some parts for my Solitude at DFS and the parts staff was very helpful.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to deal with Dixie RV on 2 5th wheels, the last time I was talked like a total dumbass was in my first day in the Navy back in 1970. I'm 20 mioles from there dealer and I'll drive 300 miles before they touch my RV. Now that's just me but don't ever give them a bad review on their site. You will get a call from Seth in La. and be told they wouldn't work on your RV!
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast