User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about a new Grand Design RV

Hi guys I am new here and I have a simple question but first a little about what I have.
    I currently have a 3280RL Montana vintage 03. I love it but it's time for something newer. Mine works just fine but I would like to step up to something newer. 344GK Solitude.
    I was wondering how you like the quality of the Grand Design over the Montana brand.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question of Quality is open for debate all the time on this site. I have no experience with The Montana brand. I have owned two TT previous to the 5W. One Keystone and one Coachman prior to that. My experience with Grand Design is that they are an excellent Co. to deal with. Are the units better built? Debatable but mine seems to be. I have had two issues - both of which were taken care of very quickly by GD and the dealer. Service after the sale is where GD stands out. There are a few that have had poor experiences but most agree that GD is great to work with. Even after the warranty has expired many have had GD fix things at no cost. Not everyone will agree, but it's my 2 cents. I will buy from them again...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design quality can turn into an intersting topic. There are numerous threads you can search out but our experience has been much like above. Minimal issues that were dealt with in timely fashion both by GD and our dealer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the information. We found a unit that the wife loves. 344GK. My Montana although old has been pretty good. I hear all the time that Montana isn't built like they used to build them. This unit that we are considering doesn't have stuff we think is just there and serves no purpose. I travel with mine because there is so much to see here in the US. We have been RVing for about 3 years and been coast to coast twice and from Galveston to Mackinaw island. We have about 35,000 miles on the old girl now. She is still nice inside because I keep up with repairs. Outside stickers are mot like they used to be. LOL. We are going back to the RV show Wednesday to take another look. Wish us luck. I do like what you guys are saying about customer service. With how complicated these units are that's important.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. We feel we’ve been fortunate with both our GD products. First one had a shower roller fail. Nothing else.
    Current Solitude has had a couple of issues that GD took care of even though it was past the warranty period. It has a nice solid feel , tows well, and is a very nice floor plan for us.
    Good luck , Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. 2 yrs ago wife and I decided to trade our 371 Fuzion toyhauler on a conventional 5th wheel floorplan. We looked at the Montana's at the dealer we bought the Fuzion from. Ended up going to the local RV show and she fell in love with the Solitude 377MBS. Both the Montana and Solitude are nice trailers but the big difference is after the sale where Grand Design will actually help you over the phone where Keystone won't. Very satisfied in the almost 2 yrs we've had our Solitude and be prepared to fix any little items yourself if you can. Dealers are always in the sell mode and not service!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, as Cajun Couple indicated, GD has provided excellent after the sale service to us. My DW and I purchased the GD Solitude 372WB, and have absolutely enjoyed it each time we have it on a trip. Had one issue with a leak in a Pex hose, staple through the line, was fixed and we picked it up one week later. Our dealer is in South Louisiana, and we live in North LA near the Arkansas line, however, we were so pleased with the GD product line, and the sales/service, we don't minde the 200 mile drive.
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4