User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelly, your EMS is working to protect your trailer when low voltage is detected.

In addition to error codes displayed the EMS, the display will cycle through voltage and frequency for each of the 2 electric legs L1 and L2. Watch the display when you have both your fireplace heater on space heater running. If the voltage drops below 104 volts on either leg it will turn off power to your trailer for about 2 minutes. That’s a campground issue.

The root cause of the low voltage is likely a problem with the campground power. When you have fireplace heater, space heater and if your water heater draws current it may be enough to drag down the voltage at the EMS below 104 volts to cycle the power off for a few minutes.

Let the campground management know that your voltage drops occasionally below 104 volts and trips your EMS. It could be as simple as a receptacle poor connection that needs receptacle replacement by the campground maintenance person. Unless you tell them they won’t know.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimrbell View Post
    Kelleys53: I never saw clarification about whether or not you are losing ALL power (12v and 120v) when it goes off. A couple of months ago we had the same issue but we were only losing the 12v items (lights, furnace, fridge, etc.). The fireplace and a/c outlets still worked. I had the battery tested and was good. This narrowed down to a converter failure which turned out to be the case. If it is both 12v and 120v it does sound like a shore power capacity or stability might be the culprit. By the way, from what I have heard and read weak shore power can result in battery and/or converter failure which I suspect is how our issue got started. Be sure to post the outcome so we know what it was and what you did to correct. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
    Just learning about how to respond to this forum. I did reply. The issue was the park pedestal. I checked my EMS unit and saw the error code which was low voltage at the post. I lost all 120v power. All receptacles, fireplace, etc. I reported it to the park who is investigating. I was very appreciative of everyone's input and assistance.
    Kelley
    Full-timer on the road East
    2021 Imagine XLS 2670MK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123