User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: options

mandolin57
    Our great sales person (huntr70) talked us into the heat pump. Only had the chance to use it once since picking it up in September...but worked great,
    and I'm pretty sure down the road, we'll be very greatful for it, along with the double pane windows!......thanks Steve!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This brings up a great point. RV Manufactures build several of the same units at the same time with the same options, (or lack of). The manufacture then goes out and sells the units to the dealers with additional incentives to move the units.

I don’t believe Grand Design would want hundreds of customers requesting different configurations of a specific unit. They, (GD), do a good job of optioning the RV’s. It’s unfortunate that your dealer has a “sell what you got on the lot” mentality.Not uncommon in the industry. I can almost bet they would not be your first chose for your next RV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't even know ours didn't have one - in our last 2 5vrs it was included.....would have added it for sure! Found out when I went to program the thermostat.
    Larry & Mollie
    2014 Grand Design Solitude 305RE #425
    2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 quad cab
    Hometown - Slapout, Alabama
    Traveling for 4+ years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that happen to me also was not made aware of options. I did add it even though it was a bit expensive. It has saved me a lot of propane. Camped from March to December and only used furnace twice, used the heat pump and the fireplace the rest of the time. Even if you pay electric it is still cheaper than propane.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this would be a good time to add that if you are considering a GD purchase that you get the MSRP list for the options and the RV from Grand Design. Making sure you get what you want on your RV not only will make for a better RV experience, but will enhance your resell value when it comes time to trade it in. It’s easy to buy a unit from a lot, but you will have to make compromises in the long run.
    In addition you will have the correct information to make an intelligent offer based off of Grand Designs MSRP.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to keep in mind here....

Every authorized GD dealer can order you the unit you want, with the options you want.

If you bought one of a dealers lot, then you did. Some dealers may charge more to order one that you want, but that is business, as it costs $$$ everday a stock unit is sitting on a lot.

Sometimes time is a factor, since it will take 8-10 weeks to get an ordered unit built and delivered to a dealer after ordering.

The GD MSRP order sheets are the same for everyone, so no difference from the form I use, to the form someone on the West Coast uses.

Only real difference will be freight charges....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

NHSeasonal
    Quote Originally Posted by mburtsvt View Post
    I think this would be a good time to add that if you are considering a GD purchase that you get the MSRP list for the options and the RV from Grand Design. Making sure you get what you want on your RV not only will make for a better RV experience, but will enhance your resell value when it comes time to trade it in. It’s easy to buy a unit from a lot, but you will have to make compromises in the long run.
    In addition you will have the correct information to make an intelligent offer based off of Grand Designs MSRP.
    Where might one obtain such a MSRP list for the Solitude line?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every dealer has the current MSRP list with all of the prices on it. It’s also available directly from Grand Design. I would email them and get the current one. It might even be a good idea to get both - one from the dealer, one from GD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12