User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    My have read that the graphics warranty is for replacement decals only. Not the cost of removal of the old or installation of the new ones.
    Maybe so.. I tried to find more info on their website but don't see anything.

oh...
    do you mean that "you have read that..." or that "you may have read that..."
    Last edited by steepgrade; 01-15-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    Reflection 150 series 230RL
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD
    http://davidodonnel.com

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steepgrade View Post
    Maybe so.. I tried to find more info on their website but don't see anything.

oh...
    do you mean that "you have read that..." or that "you may have read that..."
    Edited it to read "I have read". Also searched for you where I read it. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...098#post260098
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    Dealer is offering the exterior paint sealant that supposedly lasts five years and reduces the need to wax the camper.
    Anyone have experience with this? Is it worth the money? Are there alternatives?
    Thanks.
    I purchased a 260RD late last year and they offered both an exterior and interior sealant. We have the new light brown fabric and contacted Grand Design. It was a flat no on the interior treatment, per Grand Design.. I asked the dealership if they would price and do the exterior..but they would only provide both or none. I would have let them seal the exterior..

But it is no different than a car dealership a few years ago. They tired to sell an exterior and interior treatment at a high cost for a very low cost product.

Terry

PS: If you have the new fabric interior..it is to be cleaned with light soap and water. The sealants will damage the fabric.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t do it. My front cap peeled and they wouldn’t stand behind it. I called GD and they weren’t aware of any sealant. They said that it could have caused our issue. Ripoff.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    So the Dealership uses ResistAll exterior paint protection.
    http://www.resistall.com/products/resistall-ng/

Anyone use this product? If so, would you recommend it?

Thanks.
    I was sold a ResistAll system a few years ago by a Mercedes dealership. Part of the package was an assortment of interior and exterior cleaning/detailing products. I don’t recall the cost but still have some of the products. They are mediocre. The value, if any, was in the warranty. Very similar to DuraPlate, another brand of dealer add-on protection program. I would pass but if the price is right and it gives you peace of mind go for it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kind of on the same topic but what do some of you use for exterior care of your RV?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check who honors the warranty. My dealers plan sponsors had horrible reviews in regards to payments. Most complaints were for the warranter blaming the owner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend a good car wax for painted surfaces. Not the car show stuff ether. The car show stuff makes it shine but doesn't last very long. You may be able to get some marine wax for boats. Worth a look. You don't want to do it every weekend like I do to my cars, none of which is 34' plus LOL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collinite Fleetwax. Nothing fancy about it, but boy it sure holds up. Lasts a LONG time. I used it on my boat for years, I currently use it on my momentum. Just ordered a new pot of it yesterday actually [emoji106]
    I dont use it on everyday vehicles because to be honest its kind of a bear to buff off, but very worth the trade off for it's long term protection properties on an item you wish to not coat often. Only option better in my honest opinion would be a ceramic coating like Car pro Cquartz or something of the like (insert brand of choice)
    However, lots of prep work involved and I'd guess for the amount of product my 380 would need would be in the $400-500 range. So I just stick with my $20 collinite once or twice a year and I'm a happy camper. (No pun intended)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does one can do a typical camper? I've a 28' fifth wheel, would one can be sufficient? Do you apply one coat or two?
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast