User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    So does one can do a typical camper? I've a 28' fifth wheel, would one can be sufficient? Do you apply one coat or two?
    Thanks.
    Oh man. One 12oz can will last you years. I just ordered another becaise mine was 5 years old and I left the lid off it lol. One coat will be sufficient, but by all means if you have the tenacity for 2 go for it.
    If you go the ceramic coat route you'll need a few bottles. That will more than likely be a one and done application though which is nice. Our daily driven C class Mercedes had been ceramic coated for 2 years with cquartz and is parked outside and still going strong. Claims are 2 year longevity and it certainly has held up to those claims. So if your trailer is covered or parked out of the elements it should last a long time. But its a very labor intensive process.
    I'm a detail freak, once a year with collinite is more than sufficient. You'll be very pleased with the outcome. I do mine twice a year and then after each use wash it and hit it with 303 or si02 spray sealant. Way overboard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it took me three days, but I finally finished applying two coats of the Collinite 885 on my 230RL - I put three coats on the nose. I used a random orbital buffer to apply and hand-wiped it off with microfiber towels. It took three days because I could only work on it after work and had only a few hours of daylight each night. Looks nice and I hope it's as durable as I've read that it is...

I'll probably re-apply another coat in about six months...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123