User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tork-lift Glowstep has a new step option for the trailers that have no frame box.
    https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep...ution-uprising
    So many don't have space for the box to attach any more and we'll be looking at this if we ever upgrade.
    We love the glowsteps and would order the next trailer with no steps and install them ourselves if needed. We are not fans of the drop down steps at all.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we got our Reflection a couple of years ago, we could not even look at the Solitude because of the solid steps and the iffy responses on replacing them with folding. We park our 5th wheel beside our garage but space limits it to about 3 feet away. I can get folding steps down but there's no way I could get the solid steps down. At least it sounds like the option of getting either or is getting better.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new steps are junk. Our first trip it fell through into the living area, and the cheap nuts that they used were almost impossible to latch on to with the usual socket set. We finally got the nuts lose and moved the door stop in so the step would ride where it was supposed to ride.
    I replaced all the nuts holding the door stops with good hardware.

I am going to look very hard at the new style steps described above.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 376THS that came with the solid steps. I have purchased a replacement set of Torklift Glowstep Uprising. Since the 376THS entry door is directly above the first tire, there is no room for a traditional folding step under the door.

These Glowsteps still store inside the coach but are easily deployed in tight situations.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We agree that the Morryde steps can be a pain, but we bought them for our Solitude because having 5 steps (4 + top step) makes the treads much closer together. My wife had just gotten both knees replaced. The treads on the original folding steps (they're still there) are almost 12 inches apart. We are getting older and it is harder to climb steep stairs... 2-cents.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How difficult was the change?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are big fan of solid steps ... the 4 steps makes easy up and down ... I can see the issue with space if you have tight storage ... they are easy to adjust to each campsite which we do after auto level is done all part of the set up routine ... just sweep them off before folding up ... if I worried about a little dirt in the camper I would just stay at home ... ours have the assist strut would not want them without that ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glowsteps have 4 steps plus the top landing. You can also adjust how high the riser is. They can be adjusted down to 7&1/2" riser. They are the only step that will go that low.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    ours have the assist strut would not want them without that ... later Frank
    Boy I wish mine had the assist strut. Not for me, I have no trouble with them, but DW does, to an extent.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, am not a fan for the same reasons plus when stored for winter at the self-store facility the "neighbor" is so close I can't put the steps down and need to move the rig to gain entry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast