User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Input appreciated (selecting a new RV)

Attended the RV Supershow yesterday in Tampa. Lots and lots of homework done prior to the show with 15 potential TT's across a multitude of brands that fit our specific need (TT, Less than 8000lbs, 31-37ft, bunkhouse with at least 3 bunks, U Shaped Dinette, well thought out storage). That list of 15 has now dwindled to 3. Specifically looking at the GD Imagine 3000QB, Starcraft Superlite 311BH, and the Dutchmen Atlas 3202BH. Each one has its own perks/plusses over the other. We have OTD prices assembled and all 3 are within a $3000 range. I know this is a GD forum so I expect a lot of positivity towards GD. Positivity aside, any input is appreciated both good and bad. I'm on duty at the FD for the next 41 hours so when I get off Saturday morning we are headed back down and likely to pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have me experience with the Imagins so can’t be much help with that model. I will say that the GD folks are a friendly bunch and overall seem to have a good support group (at the factory and here). It really comes down to what you like the most. The only other advice I may have is to choose your dealer wisely; sometimes it is more about that support after the sale than not. Oh - and some you are at the show find folks who own what u r interested in as they will
    Most certainly have opinion about the model and dealer.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have me experience with the Imagins so can’t be much help with that model. I will say that the GD folks are a friendly bunch and overall seem to have a good support group (at the factory and here). It really comes down to what you like the most. The only other advice I may have is to choose your dealer wisely; sometimes it is more about that support after the sale than not. Oh - and some you are at the show find folks who own what u r interested in as they will
    Most certainly have opinion about the model and dealer.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any experience either with the Imagine but I will mention one thing that I have said before in other posts so I probably sound like a broken record. Just make sure you will like a floor plan that has the windows overlooking your neighbors camp side and them looking at you. I much prefer the big windows overlooking my own camp side. Easier to keep an eye on your kids if they are out playing etc. The awning(s), depending on their location, can also provide much needed shade for those big windows.

If a floor plan meets all of your other criteria then maybe you can live with this or it doesn't matter to you. I mention it just in case you hadn't thought about it.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just do not get anything made by Keystone.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I don't have any experience either with the Imagine but I will mention one thing that I have said before in other posts so I probably sound like a broken record. Just make sure you will like a floor plan that has the windows overlooking your neighbors camp side and them looking at you. I much prefer the big windows overlooking my own camp side. Easier to keep an eye on your kids if they are out playing etc. The awning(s), depending on their location, can also provide much needed shade for those big windows.

If a floor plan meets all of your other criteria then maybe you can live with this or it doesn't matter to you. I mention it just in case you hadn't thought about it.
    Valid points. Thanks for bringing them up. Now we will simply have a small window in the kitchen looking out that way. Might need to do some type of privacy tint if we go this route. Much appreciated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The windows are tinted anyway. Privacy is usually not a big issue during the day. More at dusk when you may still like to see out when eating. Getting some shade can be more of an issue which my awnings provide on mine if the windows are oriented towards the sun .You can also get a better view on your camp side by changing out the doors frosted windows for Slim shade windows here. https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...s%2C137&sr=8-1

Not that expensive and a direct replacement for the standard size door windows. Not that hard to install either. Love mine.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an Imagine 2670MK and absolutely love it. With that said our local dealer absolutely sucks. Had I known how bad the dealership here was I may have gone another direction. The only thing that makes me comfortable is to know that I can repair the majority of the items on the unit should something fail. If it comes to something major, like our axel failure first trip out, I would still need to depend on the local dealership and have learned that they are not only reliable but once you pull off the lot the sales person won't even remember who you are. So, when choosing between the different trailers I would look up any information I could on the reliability of the dealer when needed. You should be able to find reviews of the dealership. Good Luck!
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It hasn't been that long since we purchased our Reflection, and when we did we spent about 2 months looking at every make and model that we could find. Probably the most important, as others have mentioned is the floor plan. After that, lean on the interior walls of the RV's your looking at. When we were looking, some of the new RV's had walls that felt like cardboard. When you start to hang clocks/pictures, or when you want to do a little minor remodeling, that will make a huge difference. Check on the tongue/hitch weight of the trailers you are looking at to make sure your vehicle will handle the load. Believe it or not, there is a lot of variance among manufacturers for the same size trailer. You can find a good discussion of this by clicking on the forum tab above, selecting the Reference Library forum and going to the second discussion on Towing Capability. A truck that is at the limit of what it can pull takes all of the fun out of traveling. Think about the type of camping you like to do and where you like to go. If you are camping during the summer with the kids, then two ACs is a must. If you are going to camp when you go to Michigan over Thanksgiving, you better have a 4 seasons trailer or you will freeze. If you will be camping with a big crew, you are going to want to make sure and get a bigger refrigerator. Our little 8 cf is barely big enough for me and my wife. Then, after you buy it MAKE the salesman or someone at the dealership goes over the trailer from one end to the other and tell you how to use everything. One useful tip I have heard from others is to see if you can spend a night on their lot in the trailer, or camp at a nearby campground. That way the next morning you can ask them about all of the things they didn't tell you when you bought it! And lastly, don't let them snooker you on price. I bought my trailer used, but most of what I have read says you should always pay 25%-35% less than the list price.
    Good luck with your trailer, and don't park it, use it!
    Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Just do not get anything made by Keystone.
    I have no experience with Imagines either. We had a Keystone previous to the new rig. Liked it a lot. Unfortunately after seeing how many times Keystone (and Forest River) hit the recall list published by the NHTSA last year, I am going to stay clear in the future. We too spent Months looking at everything, and all dealerships are at least 2 hours from where we live. Floorplan is the one thing that matters most to your liking the rig. What I said about recalls is important too, but if you don't like the living space you'll be buying again before you really want to (Potentially). We are very happy with our GD 31MB, and will buy from my dealer, and GD on the next rig (if DW will agree). Only had two very minor issues, which both the dealer and GD took care of quickly - and with more materials than I needed. Remember, GD got Gold awards in all 3 trailer types (TT, 5th Wheel and Toy Haulers), from Trailer life for 2019.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 01-18-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast