User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Plumbing diagram for a 2015 369RL

  1. #1
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Plumbing diagram for a 2015 369RL

    I would like a plumbing diagram for my 2015 369RL to assist in knowing where and how to blow out my plumbing for winterizing. I called Customer Service and JD said engineering told him there are no diagrams available. I find it hard to believe an RV can be assembled with out a plumbing diagram. Just make a copy and e-mail it to me. How hard can that be. For that matter how about a copy of the dealers service manual. Some of us are hours away from our dealers and we shouldn't have to take it to the dealer for every little thing to get it fixed.

  2. #2
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bristol & Middlebury, Indiana
    Posts
    1,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCrotty View Post
    I would like a plumbing diagram for my 2015 369RL to assist in knowing where and how to blow out my plumbing for winterizing. I called Customer Service and JD said engineering told him there are no diagrams available. I find it hard to believe an RV can be assembled with out a plumbing diagram. Just make a copy and e-mail it to me. How hard can that be. For that matter how about a copy of the dealers service manual. Some of us are hours away from our dealers and we shouldn't have to take it to the dealer for every little thing to get it fixed.
    Hi @PatrickCrotty,


    The instructions on how to winterize your unit are listed in your owner manual (a plumbing diagram is not required to perform this procedure). If you have further questions or concerns regarding winterizing your RV, please call your dealer or our Customer Service support at (574) 825-9679 and they will walk you through the steps.


    Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

    - Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]
    - Website: www.granddesignrv.com

    - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

    For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

  3. #3
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice,
    Thank you for a quick response. I am aware of the winterizing procedures in the manual. Unfortunately, they are for winterizing with antifreeze. In my climate, Alabama, I just need to know how to use air to purge the lines. Knowing the plumbing system allows me to apply air to the system and insure I am get every line. As you can see from my post, I have already spoken to Customers Service. Still no diagrams available?

    Patrick Crotty
    334 567 5152

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor Cate&Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,879
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Patrick,

    For whatever it is worth . . . I have also asked GD for exactly this same information and received exactly the same answer. It is possible that they have this information and don't want to share it . . . but equally possible that they just don't have it. This industry might be closer to residential house construction than it is to vehicle manufacturing. It seems to be left up to the plumber or the electrician to figure out how to get the pipes or the wires from point A to point B . . . and no one keeps a record of these details. Making better information available to owners could ease the load on dealers for simple things. They don't seem to see this opportunity.
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #792
    2014 F150 EcoBoost 4x4 Crewcab with Max Tow and Heavy Payload pkgs
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada

  5. #5
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me being me, I have to go inspecting something new I bought to see where everything is. Even if I have a diagram. They have been wrong in the past. Especially on a travel trailer. As said above they seem to put things in a general area but that does not help me when I have a leak or want to mod something and you hit a wire bundle. you might think about getting to know your 396 real good and make your on diagram and have a peace of mind when you see water leaking you will know where connections are and where lines are and have a pretty good idea where it is coming from, plus you will know where you need the air at as well.I rather know for sure and not have to hope someone did their job right. That is what I do. By the way you Bama fan or Auburn fan?

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not wanting a diagram of how each pipe is run through the 5th wheel. What I need is a diagram showing the basic lay out of the plumbing not where each pipe goes. I know there are several check valves in line somewhere; where are they located in the system. For instants, the Anderson valve has a normal setting which supposedly takes water from the fresh water tank , through the valve, to the pump, to the faucets. If I have the city water hose connected, the valves in normal, the pump does not run, but there is water at the faucets. How come? Maybe this will help GD know that I don't need to know where every pipe runs, but more how the system connections are made and where components are located in relation to each other.

    As for my school affiliation, I attended Auburn University of Montgomery (AUM). I'm not much of a football fan, but family are die-hard Auburn fans. I'm a number one whore; who ever is number one is who I pull for. That way I'm usually not disappointed with a loss. So, right now I'm a Alabama fan. Got to keep that to myself at family gatherings at the moment.

  7. #7
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bristol & Middlebury, Indiana
    Posts
    1,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCrotty View Post
    I'm really not wanting a diagram of how each pipe is run through the 5th wheel. What I need is a diagram showing the basic lay out of the plumbing not where each pipe goes. I know there are several check valves in line somewhere; where are they located in the system. For instants, the Anderson valve has a normal setting which supposedly takes water from the fresh water tank , through the valve, to the pump, to the faucets. If I have the city water hose connected, the valves in normal, the pump does not run, but there is water at the faucets. How come? Maybe this will help GD know that I don't need to know where every pipe runs, but more how the system connections are made and where components are located in relation to each other.

    As for my school affiliation, I attended Auburn University of Montgomery (AUM). I'm not much of a football fan, but family are die-hard Auburn fans. I'm a number one whore; who ever is number one is who I pull for. That way I'm usually not disappointed with a loss. So, right now I'm a Alabama fan. Got to keep that to myself at family gatherings at the moment.
    Hi @PatrickCrotty,

    Please send me a PM as to when a good time would be for me to call you to discuss the water system on your Solitude 369RL. JD said he walked you through how to winterize the system by blowing it out with air, and I'll be glad to try to answer your additional questions, like why there's water at the faucets when the Anderson valves are set to normal and a water hose is connected (and why the pump doesn't run in this scenario). Thanks in advance!

    Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Last edited by GDRV Service; 12-10-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

    - Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]
    - Website: www.granddesignrv.com

    - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

    For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

  8. #8
    Big Traveler
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NW AL/NE GA Mountains
    Posts
    1,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also from Alabama, however my Reflection fifth wheel stays in the North Georgia mountains. We run our trailer on city water, and we don't ever use our tanks.

    I have a plug with a schraeder valve that can be used to blow out a water system. I've found another way to deal with winterizing.

    I find it easier to put a couple of gallons of RV antifreeze in the water tank, cut on the 12 volt pump, and run the kitchen, bathroom and shower faucets long enough for the water to turn pink. Then I flush the toilet. That's it. Easy and simple. If I use my trailer after it's winterized, I just turn on the pump and run the faucets again.

  9. #9
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bristol & Middlebury, Indiana
    Posts
    1,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I'm also from Alabama, however my Reflection fifth wheel stays in the North Georgia mountains. We run our trailer on city water, and we don't ever use our tanks.

    I have a plug with a schraeder valve that can be used to blow out a water system. I've found another way to deal with winterizing.

    I find it easier to put a couple of gallons of RV antifreeze in the water tank, cut on the 12 volt pump, and run the kitchen, bathroom and shower faucets long enough for the water to turn pink. Then I flush the toilet. That's it. Easy and simple. If I use my trailer after it's winterized, I just turn on the pump and run the faucets again.
    Hi @Bamaman,

    You may also want to use RV antifreeze at the black tank flush (see this thread http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ack+tank+flush).

    Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

    - Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]
    - Website: www.granddesignrv.com

    - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

    For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice,

    Thanks for contacting me on this issue.

    I contacted Anderson Kantleak and they say the reason I get water from the hose input while the valve is in the normal position is because of a leaky seal in the valve. They are sending me a replacement.

    Also, with their help I am producing a drawing of my 369RL water flow and if anyone is interested in this drawing when I am finished I will share it on this forum.

    Thanks again Janice for your help.

    Patrick

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 07:28 AM
  2. 369RL Plumbing Control Center
    By AndyLynn in forum Plumbing and Water Systems
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 09:14 AM
  3. 366Den Wiring Diagram??
    By tntyard in forum Electrical System and Wiring
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 08:27 AM
  4. 303RLS RG6 Wiring Diagram
    By Drifter63 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 09:34 AM
  5. 369RL Plumbing diagram
    By RetArmyMSG in forum Plumbing and Water Systems
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.