User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back-up Camera Recommendations Please.

How helpful have you found a back-up camera? Has it saved your rig or your marriage? Which systems do you recommend?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thumbs up from me. I have the camera I can use while driving. It is a real comfort to see what is going on behind me whether I’m backing in or in heavy traffic in the city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a backup camera on our 2670MK. It has been a life/wife saver. As MooManChu said I use mine while driving and it is a huge comfort over just the mirrors. Now I can see what is behind me and if they are changing lanes the same time I am getting ready to. I won't own another RV that doesn't have one.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the camera in the link below. Has a good picture and features that I like. Was just delivered so unlike the others I have not had the chance to install it and use it. Should come in handy and add safety and life/wife saver as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    How helpful have you found a back-up camera? Has it saved your rig or your marriage? Which systems do you recommend?

Thanks.
    Make sure to get an Observation Camera. The observation camera is on while you are driving. A back up camera is only on when your vehicle is in reverse.

We have the Furrion and like the others have said it is very helpful, both driving and backing. It has a built in microphone so you can hear your spotter give directions as well as see them.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    Make sure to get an Observation Camera. The observation camera is on while you are driving. A back up camera is only on when your vehicle is in reverse.

We have the Furrion and like the others have said it is very helpful, both driving and backing. It has a built in microphone so you can hear your spotter give directions as well as see them.

Mark
    Absolutely agree with all of the above. The Furrion Vision S system is the way to go in my opinion. You can see what's going on behind you in traffic, which is invaluable when thinking about making a turn, or changing lanes. THe Microphone is the wife saver. No more yelling back and forth, and she does not need to give near the amount of input. I do need to remind her once in a while that I can hear her mumbling though...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    Make sure to get an Observation Camera. The observation camera is on while you are driving. A back up camera is only on when your vehicle is in reverse. We have the Furrion and like the others have said it is very helpful, both driving and backing. It has a built in microphone so you can hear your spotter give directions as well as see them. Mark
    There is no "Observation Camera" any more.

Furrion used to have two models of camera - Observation and Backup. When they turned on or off was (and still is) entirely a result of how they were installed, not a feature of the camera. They are no longer in production.

Furrion now has the Vision S Vehicle Observation System, a larger lineup that includes a rear camera and 4" or 7" monitor - the starting point for the system - plus optional side cameras and an optional camera for over the door of the trailer. The side and door cameras can be purchased with the rear camera system or added later.

I had the old Observation with 4" monitor on our previous trailer. I equipped our new one with Vision S with 7" monitor and two side cameras. Better images and easier to see on the 7" monitor. @MJMCCAND I'd buy it again.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP - did you use the search function on the forum? There are many, many threads on this topic with lots of good information already.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Furion and like it. It is wired into the rear clearance lights, so it works when the lights are on. Furion camera is the same in different models/price levels, but you pay more for larger viewing screen (or that is how it worked when we purchased in Summer of 2019).