Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carpeted Slides in Solitude?

Hi,

After looking at RV's for two years, our family is considering the 377MBS as the most attractive option for us for extended stay use. A few questions to anyone that would be so kind to respond.

1) From everything I see, the 377MBS has carpet in the slide containing the dinette. However, in the gallery, the 344GK appears to have laminate tile. Has anyone heard of being able to avoid a carpeted slide in the 377MBS?

2) We are checking all of the option boxes, including full body paint. However, we were not sure about the outdoor kitchen. We could see that as being an awesome convenience for our purposes, but to anyone that has checked that box, do you ever feel as though you miss the basement space?

3) I cannot seem to find pics of the difference between the Java and Linen decor, but online videos seem to show a difference in sofa colors. Is that the only difference?

4) I see that there is a 5500 watt gen option. I also see that Onan makes a 6500 watt LP gen option. If we purchased the gen prep option for the Solitude, could we use that gen prep to install a 6500 watt gen just the same as the 5500? Is there anything to consider there that we might be missing?

Thanks for all and any help.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can only help with two of your questions....

1- I'm not familiar with the 377MBS but I know that the late model 2020 Solitude 310GK is also missing the carpet in the dinette slide. I would guess this change applies to all Solitudes but that is just a guess on my part.

3- Yes, the only difference between Java and Linen is the the sofa colors.

BTW, if you're like us, you will LOVE the full body paint!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jds119 View Post
    Hi,

After looking at RV's for two years, our family is considering the 377MBS as the most attractive option for us for extended stay use. A few questions to anyone that would be so kind to respond.

1) From everything I see, the 377MBS has carpet in the slide containing the dinette. However, in the gallery, the 344GK appears to have laminate tile. Has anyone heard of being able to avoid a carpeted slide in the 377MBS?

2) We are checking all of the option boxes, including full body paint. However, we were not sure about the outdoor kitchen. We could see that as being an awesome convenience for our purposes, but to anyone that has checked that box, do you ever feel as though you miss the basement space?

3) I cannot seem to find pics of the difference between the Java and Linen decor, but online videos seem to show a difference in sofa colors. Is that the only difference?

4) I see that there is a 5500 watt gen option. I also see that Onan makes a 6500 watt LP gen option. If we purchased the gen prep option for the Solitude, could we use that gen prep to install a 6500 watt gen just the same as the 5500? Is there anything to consider there that we might be missing?

Thanks for all and any help.
    1) GD is now offering no carpet option in some floorplans. You'll need to check with a dealer specifically about the one you're shopping.

2) Abstain on this as the option has no appeal for my wife and I.

3) Keep looking as there are more differences- window treatments and such.

4) You could, but there is no real need as 5500 will be plenty to run your entire rig. More importantly, you will never get a better installed price than that from the factory.

Best of luck with your research and purchase!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1- I'm not familiar with the 377MBS but I know that the late model 2020 Solitude 310GK is also missing the carpet in the dinette slide. I would guess this change applies to all Solitudes but that is just a guess on my part.
    Certainly would be a value add to have a no carpet in the slide option. Thanks for the response

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) GD is now offering no carpet option in some floorplans. You'll need to check with a dealer specifically about the one you're shopping.
    Interesting, thanks for validating.

2) Abstain on this as the option has no appeal for my wife and I.
    That is what I was leaning toward, as I think the basement storage would be preferable. If someone absolutely loves this option, please feel free to comment.

4) You could, but there is no real need as 5500 will be plenty to run your entire rig. More importantly, you will never get a better installed price than that from the factory.
    Hmmm...Ok, even all AC's?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly would be a value add to have a no carpet in the slide option. Thanks for the response
    Yes, we were happy to see no carpet! We ordered our latest Solitude last month and there was no "carpet delete" option. They just no longer use it under the dinette. What's weird is there is just a bit of carpet in the 310GK and it's just a small strip under the head of the bed. I have no idea why it's there.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Yes, we were happy to see no carpet! We ordered our latest Solitude last month and there was no "carpet delete" option. They just no longer use it under the dinette. What's weird is there is just a bit of carpet in the 310GK and it's just a small strip under the head of the bed. I have no idea why it's there.
    Fantastic. No reason they would not likely offer that new carpet delete option in the 377MBS I imagine. Thank you!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely get the factory installed Onan 5500, it's cheaper that way. And yes, my 5500 will run both a/c's at the same time in addition to all the other items in the coach you may need. I have not tried the microwave while both ac's are running but it's easy enough to click one of them off for a minute. I have mixed feelings on the outdoor kitchen, it is great to have but does add to your pin weight. If you have a dually this is not an issue. I do like the large table and outdoor "bar" that it gives you, it's great to lay your food and grilling tools on while grilling steaks on a Weber. I don't think you'll regret it and may add to resale value, the generator definitely will.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Definitely get the factory installed Onan 5500, it's cheaper that way. And yes, my 5500 will run both a/c's at the same time in addition to all the other items in the coach you may need. I have not tried the microwave while both ac's are running but it's easy enough to click one of them off for a minute. I have mixed feelings on the outdoor kitchen, it is great to have but does add to your pin weight. If you have a dually this is not an issue. I do like the large table and outdoor "bar" that it gives you, it's great to lay your food and grilling tools on while grilling steaks on a Weber. I don't think you'll regret it and may add to resale value, the generator definitely will.
    Thank you for the solid information on the generator. That is all I needed to know.

We are looking at a F350 or RAM 3500 with max tow everything. So, we should be good on the weight if we go with the outside kitchen. I am still conflicted about the outdoor slide out kitchen. With a family of 5, I feel that max basement storage could become important, but the outside sink, grill and table real estate is nice. I suppose could always bring a portable grill and portable table though...but we would lose the outside sink option...the outside sink is nice...easier for kids to wash hands without using the water station or running into the RV.

I plan on going to the Tampa RV show on Sunday...I will just have to see it in person I suppose. That should make the decision clear. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the solid information on the generator. That is all I needed to know.

We are looking at a F350 or RAM 3500 with max tow everything. So, we should be good on the weight if we go with the outside kitchen. I am still conflicted about the outdoor slide out kitchen. With a family of 5, I feel that max basement storage could become important, but the outside sink, grill and table real estate is nice. I suppose could always bring a portable grill and portable table though...but we would lose the outside sink option...the outside sink is nice...easier for kids to wash hands without using the water station or running into the RV.

I plan on going to the Tampa RV show on Sunday...I will just have to see it in person I suppose. That should make the decision clear. Thanks for your thoughts.
    An alternative you can consider for the outside kitchen is something I do. I have repurposed a portable fish cleaning station, which is essentially a 2'x4' folding table with a molded in sink basin and a collapsible metal faucet. Feed the faucet from the QD wash port, and for the drain I either catch it in my blue tote or have a hose I can wye into the sewer hookup at the site. The sink is to one side leaving plenty of roof for the Weber or electric skillet on the other side. I thread a piece of conduit through the legs to provide a paper towel holder and hanging rod for cooking utensils. I found a nice propane grill cover that can go over it, including the Weber, and keep everything dry and clean when the weather is lousy. Takes no room in belly storage because I have it hundreds from the floor framing.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast