User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As alluded to, the "no carpet in slide" is not an option. GD started this about the middle of the 2020 model year production run. Prior to the changes, the pin boxes were RotoFlex and there was carpet in the slide. After the changes, the pin boxes are MORryde and there is no carpet in the slide.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jds119 View Post
    2) We are checking all of the option boxes, including full body paint. However, we were not sure about the outdoor kitchen. We could see that as being an awesome convenience for our purposes, but to anyone that has checked that box, do you ever feel as though you miss the basement space?
    If the outside kitchen you're asking about is the one that slides out of the main basement storage area, it is HUGE and occupies roughly 75% of that area.

Are you the person with a family of five and a need for storing products in the basement? Fuggedaboudit with that kitchen installed. We bought our trailer off the lot and it had the kitchen in it, so I've seen it. As a condition of purchase we had it removed and got a credit for it. There are just two of us and we pack pretty light but there's no way we could live with the tiny amount of storage space left when that kitchen was installed. The 377MBS storage area may be a bit larger to begin with than our 310GK, but the kitchen would still be a very big hit on that space. Plus a big hit on weight - I'll bet it weighs well over 200 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jds119 View Post
    3) I cannot seem to find pics of the difference between the Java and Linen decor, but online videos seem to show a difference in sofa colors. Is that the only difference?
    Just the furniture changed in 2018 models when Linen began appearing. If anything else changes in later model years it's pretty subtle; I've been in 2019s. Maybe someone who has a 2020 will jump in.
    Last edited by boyscout; 01-17-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    If the outside kitchen you're asking about is the one that slides out of the main basement storage area, it is HUGE and occupies roughly 75% of that area.
    Got it, then that takes up way too much space for our purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Are you the person with a family of five and a need for storing products in the basement? Fuggedaboudit with that kitchen installed. We bought our trailer off the lot and it had the kitchen in it, so I've seen it. As a condition of purchase we had it removed and got a credit for it. There are just two of us and we pack pretty light but there's no way we could live with the tiny amount of storage space left when that kitchen was installed. The 377MBS storage area may be a bit larger to begin with than our 310GK, but the kitchen would still be a very big hit on that space. Plus a big hit on weight - I'll bet it weighs well over 200 pounds.
    Yes, we were considering placing our product in the basement if I can figure out a relatively easy and efficient way to cool the basement, but that is not looking too promising. We were considering the basement pull out kitchen if we were not going to place product down there, but, not if it takes up 75% of the space. Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a 3'x6' folding table from Wal-Mart and a Weber Q2200, completely satisfies our outdoor kitchen needs so far. Stows easily in the pass through when not in use. I modified my Weber so it hooks up to the trailer propane quick disconnect fitting. My trailer has a built in outdoor kitchen by the bunk room and I actually just tore everything out and put in shelving there to store stuff.

On the generator, it will definitely be cheapest to get the 5500w factory installed. If you decide to not do this and get your own, get the 7000w. Exact same footprint as the 5500w.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if the carpet on our '18 377MBS is good to have or not in the dining area. The 6 and 12 yr old grandsons can make quite a mess if you don't watch them. No outside kitchen on ours either...use the cargo room for a Coleman RoadTrip grill and a 22" Blackstone grill. I bring at least one plastic folding table. I take a 80 qt boiling pot and burner if we plan to boil seafood. I like the room in the cargo bin on the 377 and no slide out to hit your head on above it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new trailer interior 003.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	24366
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12