Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What TV Do You Have in the Bedroom?

Just curious what y'all use for a wall-mounted TV in the bedroom of your campers. We'd like to get one with a built-in DVD and/or Blu-Ray player. What size seems best for watching the occasional movie in bed?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    Just curious what y'all use for a wall-mounted TV in the bedroom of your campers. We'd like to get one with a built-in DVD and/or Blu-Ray player. What size seems best for watching the occasional movie in bed? Thanks.
    Our trailer came from the factory with a TCL in the bedroom, same brand as the one in the main cabin. I'll *guess* that it's about 30" but might be smaller.

It's been a long time since I saw a TV with a disk player included in it, but my prejudice from those I have seen in the past is that you'll be sacrificing quality in TV and/or player to get that minor convenience.

There are really tiny players around - Sony makes a wee little Blu-ray player costing well under $100. I'd get a decent TV and Blu-ray player and I'd find a way (Velcro, maybe) to attach the Blu-ray player up with the TV.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to mount a TV in our 2020 303RLS and did some exploring where the TV MOUNT sticker was placed and could not find any backer behind the 1/8"~ wall board. My servicing dealer told me Grand Design said to use metal expanding captures.

Has this been everyone else's experience?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The backing is a metal plate, I used magnet to outline.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2840.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	24735
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, but when I drilled the only thing behind the wall board was fiberglass insulation. I ended up using 4 metal expanding captures and permanent double sided tape. The wall will break before the mount comes off. We only mount the TV when we are parked, comes off the mount during travel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also wanted a TV/DVD combo for our bedroom and found one on WalMart.com. I think it is about a 19" and it has a regular DVD player built in. Just around $100. Not a name brand but hey, it works fine especially for a bedroom. I used a magnet and tape to outline the steel mounting plate behind the wall. By the way, it isn't very thick so careful fastener selection is important.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 303 I used a magnet to find the backer plate, got a wall bracket from Home Depot (used 3/4" #12 or 14 screws) to mount a 17" TV. Now that we have a 337, I put the stand back on the TV and set it on the dresser, for travel we just lay it on the bed. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 Reflection 315rlts had a wood backer behind the finished wall. I think it was 1/8 thick. Used 3/8 x 1.5 inch lags for the bracket to wall. Holding a 22 inch TV no problem. Wish I could have gone to 28 inch TV, but was about half inch shy on the width between door handles. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200125_131154.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	26836
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS