User Tag List

Thread: Anderson WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson WDH

Headed to the Tacoma Dome this weekend to check out the RV show, will be getting our first TT in the next month or so. Anybody have an experience with the Anderson WDH? I like that it's lighter then the others and after watching some video seems easy to install. Not sure how easy adjustments are but seems fairly easy, looks like you either tighten the nut or loosen it. The trailer we are leaning towards is the XLS 22RBE & will be towing with a 2016 F150 Lariat. Thoughts on if this will work for this setup, the good the bad? I've looked at the equalizer E4 hitch as well, but damn that thing is heavy. Does it do a better job then the Anderson? Easy to adjust or harder? Thanks for all the info.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tried it on my 2670MK, which is heavier and longer than yours. Since mine was too light on the tongue, I had noticeable sway. Not able to get enough tongue weight to determine the true ability of the hitch. Had to go with the big $$ ProPride. There are reports that it is hard to get full needed weight transfer with it, but I had no issues with mine, although I did have to tighten the nuts almost all the way. Very light, very easy to setup and use.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had both the Equalizer and Andersen hitch IMHO the Andersen is the better of the two. Very easy to set up and use. I had no issues with ours. However if the trailer gets as big as the 2670mk ( which we have ) it becomes less help with sway. I tried it when we first bought ours. Our last trailer only weighed in at around 6000 loaded up . The Andersen had no issues with that trailer at all.

The only issue I have with the Andersen is the triangle position has to be straight when you hook up each time. Sometimes it can get way off when you back in. It takes a few extra steps to get it right to finish hooking up correctly. They have videos to explain it and it is simple to do, just the one thing you have to live with if you own it. It is still better than trying to lift the heavey bars up each time with the wrench tool Equalizer gives you. You can find their videos on how to do this. The Andersen is a fine hitch and will serve you well.

Much like sande005 I went with the high $$ ProPride in the end due to the larger trailer. That and the larger 3/4 ton truck made for easy towing of the 2670MK.
    I do hope this helps some.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 01-17-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Jim T.