User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600rb owners: can someone take some measurements for me?

I'm in Tampa at the RV show but don't have my trailer. Out of nowhere the wife has said she wants to get the morryde step above system after seeing it on the 2020s.

Can anyone take the measurements below and post them here? I'm most worried about mow much room there is between the bathroom wall and the door, the height to the floor from the ground and the width of the opening.

OR... If you bought them, which one? [emoji16]

I want to try to negotiate a deal but I'm not sure what set I need.

Also, does anyone know the axle spacing for the cre300 kit? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200118_180551~2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	24364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1579389564922.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	24365

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which measurements do you need? I can try to pull the measurements for you Saturday, assuming it stops raining.

Also, instead of the CRE300, I went with the Lippert Road Armor, heavier links and wet bolts. I've had the CRE300 on a 2016 Jayco. The Lippert Road Armor rides much smoother. Also if you do go to either one, make sure you get the grease fitting covers. It will save the zerks and make it easier to grease when you drive on dusty, wet, snowy (salty) or muddy roads.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for offering. We've since come home and I've taken all the measurements. She wants the strut assist ones so I wasn't sure if there was enough clearance on sides of the door. It looks like it should barely fit.

I'd already been talking myself into the road armor kit, too. [emoji41] I was nervous about it because it's supposed to have more freedom of movement and there were no clearances to measure in the instructions like on the cre3000. After some emails back and forth with lippert (very responsive) I thought they'd be fine.

I'm glad to hear that they've worked well for you. Did you use the morryde bolt kit or something else? Were there any specific ride quality issues you were trying to address? I've got a good bit of bouncing at the tongue I'm hoping to tame.

2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I found out about installing the Road Armor. It needs longer links than is used by the Moryde. I'll check the length of the links on my unit. Due to the height of the rails and my having a back problem, I had my dealer install them and they told me about having to order up a differnt set of links. The reason is due to the height of the trailer, which is taller than most others.

I'll post here the length of the links and wet bolts as soon as I can those measurements.

The Road Armor was installed for a number of reasons. Our previous trailer (2016 Jayco) wore out the plastic bushings after a 6k trip and I was worried about wearing out the thin links used, we had seen in the Jayco's links were already showing wear (the holes were becoming oblong). And we were seeing porposing on some roads. After changing the 2600 to the Road Armor, we have seen a real decrease in the porposing, less bouncing and almost don't feel it when crossing RR tracks and speed bumps. Items in the trailer aren't being moved around as much and the trailer just feels more better.

And as a side note, we tow using a Blue Ox Swaypro with 1000lb bars. When we first picked up the 2600, it seemed to sway easier and steering felt a bit light. I spoke to our dealer and Blue Ox, both of whom suggested going to the heavier bars. Now when passed by a semi, virtually no sway and the steering feels almost the same as when the truck is unloaded. The Blue Ox beats the Equalizer hands down, besides the above, it's easier to get ready to go.

I should have that link/wet bolt info a little later today for you.

Norris
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! That's great info. I'm really glad to here the porpoising got better after the kit.

I'm not ready to give up on the hitch yet. But I may at some point. I'm going to try to set it back up from scratch next weekend. When I added the Roadmaster kit I expected the weight distribution to change, but it still seems like its bringing the front back down like it should. The only thing that seems off is the ball height now that the rear end is about 1" than when we first got it.

On paper the hitch should be enough, but we don't tow on paper. [emoji849]

I really appreciate the effort. Thanks.

2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the measurements I was able to pull.

Wet bolts are 3.5 +1/2 for the zerk for a total of 4 inches. Should need 7 per side (2 spring ends. 1 RA top, 4 RA to springs) for a total of 14 wet bolts.
    The links are 4.5 inches long. Due to mud on them, I can't tell if there are 1 or 2 links inserted for the width needed in the RA on each side of the spring. You definitely want to make sure there is no space for side to side play in the RA.

Things are a bit muddy underneath from the last trip out and it's still raining here, but that should be what you need.

Let me know how it goes.

Norris

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do! Thanks.

2019 Imagine 2600RB