User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will my hitch work

Hello I just bought a reflection 315 rlts. I have a husky centerline with 1200 pound bars from my last camper. From what I have seen on the weights this should be fine what are your thoughts? . 2013 Chevy 2500 diesel tow vehicle.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRR View Post
    Hello I just bought a reflection 315 rlts. I have a husky centerline with 1200 pound bars from my last camper. From what I have seen on the weights this should be fine what are your thoughts? . 2013 Chevy 2500 diesel tow vehicle.
    Hi Chris. Congratulations on your new trailer! That is a beauty. I just tried to look up the you tongue weight of your trailer, but was unsuccessful. I know it’s heavier than mine, and I run around 1,200 lbs. If it were me, I would go up to heavier bars. I use a Blue Ox system and have used the 1,500, but now added a side by side on my truck, so I went up to the 2,000 lb bars. I recommend going up to the next size. Your tongue weight should be 10-12% of your vehicle loaded weight, so that should help you figure it out.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Hi Chris. Congratulations on your new trailer! That is a beauty. I just tried to look up the you tongue weight of your trailer, but was unsuccessful. I know it’s heavier than mine, and I run around 1,200 lbs. If it were me, I would go up to heavier bars. I use a Blue Ox system and have used the 1,500, but now added a side by side on my truck, so I went up to the 2,000 lb bars. I recommend going up to the next size. Your tongue weight should be 10-12% of your vehicle loaded weight, so that should help you figure it out.
    The 1200 pound bars are the biggest you can get with that hitch. I don’t need weight distribution from it I only need sway control. The max weight of trailer is 11000. I have plenty of payload with this truck. 2700 pounds. Just trying to save my self a grand or more right now. Don’t want to not spend it to be safe and have easy towing life though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 1200 pound bars are the biggest you can get with that hitch. I don’t need weight distribution from it I only need sway control. The max weight of trailer is 11000. I have plenty of payload with this truck. 2700 pounds. Just trying to save my self a grand or more right now. Don’t want to not spend it to be safe and have easy towing life though.
    I guess in that case I would try it first and see how it goes. Drive around your area for a test drive. Even though your truck is rated at that, you won’t know how much weight is lifted off the front when loaded with the trailer and anything in the bed of your truck. Anything to the rear of the axles is counted as “toungue weight “. I’m not familiar with how the Husky Centerline controls sway. On the Blue Ox, the bars are a part of the sway control system.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 1065lb tongue advertised tongue weight is without battery or propane. With battery and full propane tanks you'll be at 1200lb before you put anything in the trailer. Almost all of the storage is ahead of the axles as are the holding tanks, adding to tongue weight. You'll be well over 1200lb ready to camp. The 315 is a BIG travel trailer at 38ft, good sway control is a must. You'll also want weight distribution. 1400 - 1500 lb on the hitch will unweight your front axle and make for some "fun" driving. When I bought my trailer I had the dealer set up the hitch. I remember being disappointed by how touchy the steering was. They had installed the hitch incorrectly resulting in little to no weight distribution. After I corrected this she tows great.
    Make sure the truck's hitch and the shank are rated for the 14-1500lb tongue weight (or even more) you're likely to encounter. I use the Blue Ox with 2-1/2 inch shank and 2000lb bars.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1200lbs won't be enough for your 315. We are at 1700lbs with no water in the tank. And there are several others with the 315 that are also around the 1700lb range. The payload of your truck has nothing to do with it. Your receiver on the truck is the weak point. It may not even be rated heavy enough.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    1200lbs won't be enough for your 315. We are at 1700lbs with no water in the tank. And there are several others with the 315 that are also around the 1700lb range. The payload of your truck has nothing to do with it. Your receiver on the truck is the weak point. It may not even be rated heavy enough.
    My hitch is only rated for 1500 pounds tongue and 13000 towing. It’s the big class5 with 2.5 inch sleeve. I won’t be living in this thing so won’t have the from bedroom packed full of stuff. I only bought the 315 because it was a better deal then the 297. Long story. I will go ahead and get the blu OX hitch unless anyone says better And cheaper out there.
    Last edited by ChrisRR; 01-20-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bitch is only rated for 1400 pounds tongue and 14000 towing.
    That's a big....typo . It made me laugh though.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    That's a big....typo . It made me laugh though.
    Well great I have been here for 3 days and going to get kicked out for talking dirty lol. I will change this now.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hitch is only rated for 1500 pounds tongue and 13000 towing. It’s the big class5 with 2.5 inch sleeve. I won’t be living in this thing so won’t have the from bedroom packed full of stuff. I only bought the 315 because it was a better deal then the 297. Long story. I will go ahead and get the blu OX hitch unless anyone says better And cheaper out there.
    For what its worth now, yes, go with the 2k/20k Blue Ox!! Switched from a 14/14000 Equalizer and cured the sway issue. The 315 is nose heavy and it will take some weight distribution of your cargo to get it balanced correctly.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS