User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again everyone for the comments. Just to clarify, I always had the intention to add disc brakes eventually for all the reasons noted above. I was just questioning whether to have it done by the factory or after-market later. In any case, I just pulled the trigger with my dealer to add the disc brakes it to our order.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    The sticker is a nice to have, knowing that a mechanically equivalent trailer is rated higher is good enough for my piece of mind and I would feel comfortable defending my loaded weight if I had to.
    For what it's worth, this is the reply I had from Grand Design regarding their 8k & disc brake option:

Thank you for your interest in Grand Design RV and our Solitude brand. Our Solitude 382WB has a GVWR of 16,800 lbs. and the UVW is 14,886 lbs. If you were to upgrade to the 8k axles with disc brakes it would increase your GVWR to 18,000 lbs. The Onan generator weighs approximately 280 pounds, the A/C at approximately 83 pounds, and possibly 200 pounds for washer/dryer. Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks again for considering Grand Design.

Brian Peters
    Inside Sales | Grand Design RV

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345