User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    And does the same frame get used either way, or are the new 2020 frames reinforced to support the 8k axles and springs vs the 2019 frames of the same floor plans.
    I would think the same frame will be used. The only change would be the axle assemblies. My question is have they beefed up the spring hangers as that has been another weak point. Also this should not change the gvwr of the trailer
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And does the same frame get used either way, or are the new 2020 frames reinforced to support the 8k axles and springs vs the 2019 frames of the same floor plans.
    The Lippert frames being used likely won't change. They're not the limiting factor from a capacity standpoint.

What I'd like to see is a reinforced spring hanger used and bracing for the lateral loading as standard.
    Last edited by geotex1; 01-25-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    I would think the same frame will be used. The only change would be the axle assemblies. My question is have they beefed up the spring hangers as that has been another weak point. Also this should not change the gvwr of the trailer
    The frame is only one component of the GVWR rating, but it is still one. My goal here is to determine if I can retrofit my 2019 3740BH to have an equivalently capable (sticker or not) trailer to the new 2020s with this package.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frame is only one component of the GVWR rating, but it is still one. My goal here is to determine if I can retrofit my 2019 3740BH to have an equivalently capable (sticker or not) trailer to the new 2020s with this package.
    I can’t see them changing the sticker on a trailer to reflect these changes
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know your trailer has the same frame, tires and suspension as the one that id higher rated, why is this sticker so important? When is the last time you were required to weigh it? If it's like mine and everybody elses, the answer is never. Never going to happen either.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sticker is a nice to have, knowing that a mechanically equivalent trailer is rated higher is good enough for my piece of mind and I would feel comfortable defending my loaded weight if I had to.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added disc brakes and a Moreryde CRE3000 suspension with HD shackles and wet bolts to our 310GK. We did not get the 8K axles as they will make the ride rougher and the 310 does not carry the weight to need them. I don't want the inside of the trailer taking any more shock than it needs to.

We got our upgrade from Performance Trailer Braking and they were knowledgeable and fair to deal with. Their installer Dennis was great as well.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disc brakes and suspension

I kept the 7k axcels and upgraded to larger bearings and studs from stopyourtrailer.com. also upgraded suspension. Installed all myself. $3200. Comfort Ride Suspension. I also run Sailun S637 tires.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    So my question becomes if I order a NEW unit and add the 8K option above, will there be a higher GVWR sticker on the door as compared to a unit with the standard 7K?
    Frames won't change. GVWR moves to 18k for everything except the 310GK with the 8k axle upgrade

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my case, I have found the 17.5s to last at least twice as long as the 16s so the cost is offset.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast