Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to forum, but not an owner....yet!

Hello from Vermont, y'all. It is almost noon and up to 2 degrees here in Montpelier. I've been RVing for about 10 years, starting with a hybrid TT, then a hard shell TT and finally upgraded to a Cougar High Country fiver 3 years ago. I've heard good things about Grand Design, with full retirement in a year or two, thinking about Grand Design for my final fiver.
    Meanwhile, I do IT work and teach skiing at a local resort (see my handle). I am here to learn about Grand Design fifth wheels. If I could do it today, it would be the Reflection 337RLS. What a sweet fiver!
    Last edited by SkiSmuggs; 12-08-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome SkiSmuggs. Nice to meet you. Your name sounds familiar. Wait a minute- you are the guy that keeps spamming me with emails. LOL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum SkiSmuggs and you won't go wrong with a Grand Design!

Steve

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome SkiSmuggs! We love our Reflection 337RLS! Wish I was there enjoying the nice COLD with you, butwe're stuck here in hot FL with all the "Snowbirds" who come to see us this time of year.
    You will find lots of helpful info here, and notice even most of the people with any issues still love their Grand Design and the customer service they are receiving. Any brand will have issues but not all will step up to make them right.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mandolin57
    Hi SkiSmuggs and welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong on here to get info to help you with your decision. We went with a Solitude 305 to start
    full-timing in 2016, but from what we looked at, the Reflections are very nice as well. Either way....it's a great company and product but most importantly..you'll
    see they definitely try to make their customes happy! Good luck in your search and hope you land one!
    ps....it looks like you'll have some great weather in a day or 2 again.......but you're probably very used to that!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mandolin57;21181
    ps....it looks like you'll have some great weather in a day or 2 again.......but you're probably very used to that! [/QUOTE]

35 miles to work over snowy mountain roads with no problem, and I step on black ice in the parking lot and tweak my knee. I am not used to that!
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

mandolin57
    OUCH!....very sorry to hear that! Take care!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
    35 miles to work over snowy mountain roads with no problem, and I step on black ice in the parking lot and tweak my knee. I am not used to that!
    Sorry about your knee Eric. I hope that it doesn't keep you from teaching ski lessons this year

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Sorry about your knee Eric. I hope that it doesn't keep you from teaching ski lessons this year
    Not this year, Donald, but probably this weekend.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
    Hello from Vermont, y'all. It is almost noon and up to 2 degrees here in Montpelier. I've been RVing for about 10 years, starting with a hybrid TT, then a hard shell TT and finally upgraded to a Cougar High Country fiver 3 years ago. I've heard good things about Grand Design, with full retirement in a year or two, thinking about Grand Design for my final fiver.
    Meanwhile, I do IT work and teach skiing at a local resort (see my handle). I am here to learn about Grand Design fifth wheels. If I could do it today, it would be the Reflection 337RLS. What a sweet fiver!
    Well, well! We are looking at the same potential new rig and coming from the same rigs! Hi SkiSmuggs, fancy meeting you here We're talking via email with our local GD dealer right now about moving to the 337RLS. I really want a rear living room and mid-kitchen like this. Seems to me there are a couple slightly different floor plans for the same unit online though. For instance, I've seen interior bedroom pictures for the 2015 337RLS that shows a low dresser with the window over it and also a picture of a high dresser with the window beside it! I prefer the low dresser. We are planning to go see a 337 in person this week so we'll see what happens. I'm a little on the fence because I have done so much work on our current trailer that I will "loose" and much of it I will want to do all over again on pretty much any new unit.

Oh well, it will be interesting to see how it goes and good luck to you guys too! Take care of that knee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast