User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Garage underbelly

What I'm referring to is the space between the garage floor and the outside. I crawled under a 381M last week and the forward part is enclosed by coroplast, the back part had 2 rectulangular tanks I saw. I didn't trace whether they were storage, fuel or waste. My concern is security and location of tie-downs. If/when I get a 351M it's likely that the tie-down and anchor points won't be in the correct location for my application. In my opinion, any item secured to the floor should either be into the frame itself, or be secured on the underside with large fender washers or steel plates. Additionally drilling into the top surface/floor could be disastrous if you don't know what is where in the basement underbelly. I could, after getting it, drop the coroplast, but if someone has had correspondence with GD or done this it would save reinventing the wheel for me.

My Raptor I had was open under the garage so it was easy to see, and not hit any tanks under there.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the fuel tanks and if you have a 3rd box all the way in the rear, that is storage accessible from the dovetail portion of the garage floor. You should be able to see the metal floor supports where there is no underbelly, you can probably do some measuring and figure out where to drill. I took a peak under mine for the same reason , I need to install some e-track and was hoping to secure it to the metal supports, not just the wood floor.

On a side note, if I recall, there is some space between the floor and fuel tanks, not sure how much and there are fuel lines and the fuel pump somewhere over there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH