User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297rsts maiden voyage, thermostat and fireplace question.

well, we're on our first trip in the new rig. florida got REALLY COLD last night. everything has been working great(first rv we've ever had where something major didn't break first time out). boy, i really jinxed myself there, didn't I?

anyway, has anyone ever had a thermostat problem where it read five to six degrees higher than the real temperature in the coach? also, for those that have that small "everlight" fireplace: my unit won't turn off automatically when a preset temperature is set. is it supposed to? the literature isn't clear.

thanks
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    well, we're on our first trip in the new rig. florida got REALLY COLD last night. everything has been working great(first rv we've ever had where something major didn't break first time out). boy, i really jinxed myself there, didn't I?

anyway, has anyone ever had a thermostat problem where it read five to six degrees higher than the real temperature in the coach? also, for those that have that small "everlight" fireplace: my unit won't turn off automatically when a preset temperature is set. is it supposed to? the literature isn't clear.

thanks
    Our thermostat is off a couple of degrees as well. I think it is the location in the hutch that is the issues.

Our fireplace does shut off but the temperature can only be set in 5 degree increments so makes it more difficult to get a comfortable temperature. Too hot or too cold.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a digital thermostat attached to one of the glass doors of my hutch and both usually run within one degree of each other. I think the heat shuts off when fireplace reaches temp but the fan continues to run .
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS