Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandseahawk View Post
    chunker, I was in the same pickle...

We had them on out last toy hauler which was a 42' Heartland Cyclone. I would agree with the other posters on that the R-rating is minimal or modest... maybe it helped, maybe not (in our case). But, it was a dramatic difference in sound reduction when being inside of other RV next to us without duel-pane windows (in our case). This is especially true when we are next to a freeway or a concert. We lived at most 2 weeks at a time in our Cyclone during all seasons and never had any issues with mold or condensation, even in the snow (in our case).

As for the weight, our last weight rating did not appear to change with them installed much; I recall it was about a 350 pound difference.. compared with others without them. But, with double the glass, if weight is a factor, it's something to consider. If you have 350 pounds of glass with single pane on your RV, now you might now have 700. I guess that's in line with what others have said too.

The cost on or 399TH was about $2100 (retail). We negotiated about 30% off or retail on the whole rig, so I see the cost a reasonable.

We ordered our 2020 399TH with duel pane windows because I see the cost and benefits outweighing the cons. But, we are also towing with a 2020 Ford F450, so for us, weight is not as significant of a factor either.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck
    There would be advantages to having them but the weight is the issue for me so I'll likely not order them. I also am not ordering the patio system that is commonly on those I have seen, so that saves me about 100#. So windows would be a net loss of 200# from what I've seen in 351M available cargo weights of around 2500#.
    Last edited by chunker; 01-26-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Setting Up Camp Dreamin’ Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marc on KYD mentioned that the black out shades our rigs (will) come with make a huge difference in cutting out thermal intrusions. JFYI.....

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo and Milo the Dog = Full Timers
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty ccsb, 4x4, 6.7 Lariat
    2019 GD Momentum 351M.
    2016 BMW R1200 GS toy hauler toy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12