Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adjusting Window Blinds

I have the blackout roller blinds on my 2016 310GK Solitude. The narrower -- about 18 inches -- work fine and retract easily and completely. The wider blinds -- long and short -- are consistently "wimpy"! To get them to retract even close to complete means I must push up on them when they are retracting -- a pain in the backside leaning over tables, beds, couch, etc.

I have seen some posts about adjusting the knurled narrow wheels at the ends of the blinds but they don't seem to do any good and seem to adjust less than one revolution.

I'm frustrated with what should be an easy fix. I have adjusted many similar home blinds by pulling the blind down, removing it, rolling up the blind a little or a lot, and gettiing the spring tension right. These blinds do not appear to be removable like this.

GC Customer Service was not able to help.

Does anyone have any success in making adjustments like this? Thank you in advance!

David
    New RVers
    2016 Ford F-250 SRW
    2017 Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​Was there any manual in the paperwork that might tell you how to adjust? Maybe a call to the Shade manufcturer would be more productive than calling GD .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried adjusting the wheel too and it doesn't seem to do much. I also have one that won't stay down (closed). Hopefully someone who knows something about these blinds will respond.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have experience with adjusting them, just wanted to throw in a caution about removing them from behind the valance if that is considered.

Our dealer replaced a defective blind and the new one fell off just a few hundred miles later. After fruitless attempts to re-attach it we removed the retaining clips and found them to be extremely-soft, low-quality metal that was remarkably easy to deform... the dealer tech had seriously deformed ours.

The low quality made it easy to reshape them so they would work again, but made me aware of how gently they must be treated when removing or reinstalling the blinds.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply Whittleburner -- as well as others!

There is no documentation in all the stuff I have that tells me what company manufactured the blinds. There is nothing in the manual and I am surprised there are no posts about this on the site. I am sure it's a common problem!

I have tried to see if there is some kind of tag above the blind and under the valance. Can't see anything. And I'm afraid to take the valance off for fear I will have a huge job getting it back on.

There are a couple posts about the red knurled wheels at either end of the blind. The post says one wheel sets how far the blind will roll up and I can't remember what the other wheel is for, but i am sure it did not relate to the tension in the wind-up spring or tension. I've tried to turn both of these wheels on a couple of the blinds but moving them is REALLY tough -- hard to rotate in a tight space unless I use a screwdriver.

So after all my futile trials I am turning to my fellow owners.

Thank you in advance for anyone that is able to help with this!

David
    New RVers
    2016 Ford F-250 SRW
    2017 Solitude 310GK