User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Campers with new 337RLS

Last October my wife and I purchased a 2019 Reflection 337RLS. We took it out to a local RV park for a weekend to do the initial shake down without issue. So, it was off to visit family over Christmas and we just returned home after 35 days on the road. I'm happy to report that we have a total of two issues and they are very minor. One latch on the drivers side basement door doesn't latch. It appears as if the latch was drilled either to high and just misses the frame or the doo is ajar. The door doesn't appear to be misaligned and I'll have the dealer take a look while doing two planned upgrades. The second issue also involves a basement door. The plastic hanger on the front basement broke off while we were driving. It was there in the morning and gone that evening one day, a day of some rough roads in California. To me, that's not a fault of Grand Design. I suspect the plastic had a minor flaw to begin with and then the bouncing caused it to snap off. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

I just wanted to post this since we often see nothing but the complaints and rarely do we hear the positive side.

If you're wondering what upgrades I'm thinking about currently there are three. A second A/C unit since we'll be spending the month of March in Tucson and it'll be hot (we live in the PNW and anything over 70 is hot). The second is an upgrade to the king pin. The final upgrade is actually to my truck. I'm adding an auxiliary fuel tank. My overall fuel economy for the trip was 10.6MPG which I thought acceptable. There were a few times however that I wasn't sure I'd make it to the next station or find one that I could enter and exit easily.

Just a couple of happy Grand Designed owners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Awesome floor plan. I think the second ac would be a must. There was a definite improvement for us when we went from the solid kingpin on the Reflection to the cushioned one the Solitude came with. I’m not sure how much of this is due to the additional weight.
    As to fuel capacity, I didn’t want anything else in the bed so went a different direction. I swapped out the factory tank for a 55 gallon Titan replacement tank. It is a direct replacement , however. 1 - they are a little pricey , around $1250 for the tank and shield best I recall. 2 - when I bought mine a couple of years ago there was no anti-slosh flapper in the tank neck like the OE has. If filled too full the filler tube gets a little wet. I talked to their CS dept. who basically said I didn’t know what I was talking about cause he had 8 years in engineering. When I told him I had over 40 in auto diag & repair he said goodbye. Oh well. Small price to pay for the extra range.
    Happy camping - Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    Last October my wife and I purchased a 2019 Reflection 337RLS. We took it out to a local RV park for a weekend to do the initial shake down without issue. So, it was off to visit family over Christmas and we just returned home after 35 days on the road. I'm happy to report that we have a total of two issues and they are very minor. One latch on the drivers side basement door doesn't latch. It appears as if the latch was drilled either to high and just misses the frame or the doo is ajar. The door doesn't appear to be misaligned and I'll have the dealer take a look while doing two planned upgrades. The second issue also involves a basement door. The plastic hanger on the front basement broke off while we were driving. It was there in the morning and gone that evening one day, a day of some rough roads in California. To me, that's not a fault of Grand Design. I suspect the plastic had a minor flaw to begin with and then the bouncing caused it to snap off. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

I just wanted to post this since we often see nothing but the complaints and rarely do we hear the positive side.

If you're wondering what upgrades I'm thinking about currently there are three. A second A/C unit since we'll be spending the month of March in Tucson and it'll be hot (we live in the PNW and anything over 70 is hot). The second is an upgrade to the king pin. The final upgrade is actually to my truck. I'm adding an auxiliary fuel tank. My overall fuel economy for the trip was 10.6MPG which I thought acceptable. There were a few times however that I wasn't sure I'd make it to the next station or find one that I could enter and exit easily.

Just a couple of happy Grand Designed owners.
    Good to hear things are well with you and your 337RLS. We spent the summer in our 2019 337RLS and have been full timing for two months now - currently in Florida. We have had no issues !! The plastic hanger for the front basement door that hangs down broke on ours also ... but that was because I smashed into it with my forehead while walking underneath not looking I just crazy-glued it back together (the hanger, not my forehead). I agree, we tend to hear complaints, but we have been totally pleased with our 337RLS. We averaged 10.5 MPG on the trip from Ohio ... and that included some mountains in southern KY and Tennessee. I always fuel up when we get to 1/4 tank ... I never go below that ... and if you have been through Atlanta during the day you will know why I say that. Two happy GD owners here too.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Congrats. Awesome floor plan. I think the second ac would be a must. There was a definite improvement for us when we went from the solid kingpin on the Reflection to the cushioned one the Solitude came with. I’m not sure how much of this is due to the additional weight.
    As to fuel capacity, I didn’t want anything else in the bed so went a different direction. I swapped out the factory tank for a 55 gallon Titan replacement tank. It is a direct replacement , however. 1 - they are a little pricey , around $1250 for the tank and shield best I recall. 2 - when I bought mine a couple of years ago there was no anti-slosh flapper in the tank neck like the OE has. If filled too full the filler tube gets a little wet. I talked to their CS dept. who basically said I didn’t know what I was talking about cause he had 8 years in engineering. When I told him I had over 40 in auto diag & repair he said goodbye. Oh well. Small price to pay for the extra range.
    Happy camping - Charlie
    I debated going with a larger tank to replace the stock one and adding one to the bed. The largest replacement tank I've been able to find was 50 gallons which is only 16 gallons more than stock. For just a little bit more I'm getting a 50 gallon auxiliary tank that goes in the bed and I'll just live with the reduced space. We're not full timers, but we'll be spending the month of March in Tucson, the month of May going to the east coast, we're thinking about September visiting Yellowstone and the surrounding area, and then 4 months starting in December down in Arizona. That means my truck will be a tow mule most of the time and I'll not need the bed space for yard projects, helping people move, etc.. So, an extra tank makes sense for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should also add that the Westlake tires E rated haven't shown any ware or unusual signs of damage during our trip and they now have just under 5,000 miles on them. I did fill them to 80 psi since they only had 65 psi when I got the trailer home from the dealer. Even though I've not had trouble with them I may still replace them before our trip in March with Sailun or Goodyear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new 337. That's one of two Reflection floorplans that have not been changed over the years--the other being the 303. I guess when they're so popular, there are no improvements warranted.

We have the 323BHS, and it's comparable in size to your 337. And my older F250 diesel is max'd out towing it even though I have no squat of any kind.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats ... 2nd A/C a must here in central Fl ... we pick up new 2930RL in 2 weeks ... always knowing there will be issues to take care of ... will work hard for a complete PDI ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    That's one of two Reflection floorplans that have not been changed over the years--the other being the 303. I guess when they're so popular, there are no improvements warranted.

Can't speak for the 337 but the 303 has had plenty of changes since our vintage 2014 303
    The auto leveling is a big gain. Another gain is the slightly larger tanks for gray and black.

The fridge is larger but there is loss of storage and counter space to off set that. Is the cabinet next to the stove widee enough to hold a coffee pot and large can of coffee on the same shelf ? It looks like the pantry is a bit smaller as well
    The bedroom wardrobe used to be 3 door closet now is 2 and a small dresser with a window. (more lost storage)
    4 side cabinets in the entertainment center are gone in place for a bigger tv and fireplace.

Not sure what all this did to the CCC, ours is right around 2700 lbs
    If we'd of been shopping today for a shorter extended stay RV the 303 would not be it with the loss of storage. We would rather have the storage, than a longer fireplace and bigger TV. The bigger fridge would be nice though

All that aside ramcneal, great choice and enjoy your 337!!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on our second GD with the first a 303 and now the 337. we enjoyed the 303, but like the 337 better. If i can share the advice, for the auxiliary tank, i have the tool box and tank combo and got it from KSK Marine in Lake Havasu. i am not endorsing it, but it has doenn a wonderful job for us over the last 6 plus years, has allowed us to get fuel when it is less cost per gallon and go off the beaten path at the spur of the moment and so on and so on. Good Luck and enjoy.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    We are on our second GD with the first a 303 and now the 337. we enjoyed the 303, but like the 337 better. If i can share the advice, for the auxiliary tank, i have the tool box and tank combo and got it from KSK Marine in Lake Havasu. i am not endorsing it, but it has doenn a wonderful job for us over the last 6 plus years, has allowed us to get fuel when it is less cost per gallon and go off the beaten path at the spur of the moment and so on and so on. Good Luck and enjoy.
    Jeff & Karen, we're on 2nd GD as well, like you our 1st was a 303 and the 2nd a 337. When we started looking for something new the 1st GD unit we saw was the 2800BH, at the next show DW saw the 337, I told her we didn't have enough truck so we got a 2017 303. A year later I got an 18 3500 Duramax, so the next year we got a 19 337. Both have been great units with only very miner issues.
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast