User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully your windshield washer system is okay. As I said, ours survived the freezing just fine. I actually did shop around for washer fluid down here before our trip. It made me laugh how all the local bottles say "Freeze Protection Down to +32F". That's impressive chemistry!
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    .....curious - what does the fuel filter show for life left or used up ? Dan
    It'll be fun to try and find that. I have the STX version of Ford, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. I am new to the driver communication center thingy, so I tend to go old school. Owners manual says new fuel filter every 10,000, I've got about 7000 on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Dallas, what are you doing down in Steamboat Springs ?? ... Do you have plans for Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Yukon ?
    Skiing and snow shoeing, winter time fun. No real plans other than Alberta and BC. We like to play in the Rockies. We keep threatening to do the Alaska tour thing but somehow never get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Hopefully your windshield washer system is okay. As I said, ours survived the freezing just fine.
    It'll fun to see, but it's holding about half a tank so I just add some every couple of days. And of course there is freezing and there is freezing, 28f is considered freezing, but it's not pipe busting freezing while -6f for several days is pipe busting freezing.

One of the costs of the nomadic lifestyle is not being able to whine to the dealership that put the poor quality washer fluid in. So I will deal with it, in the mean time it's just an annoyance and not a show stopper.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove a diesel for the Postal Service for 8 years. We plugged in during the winter. It makes a huge difference.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Service is done. Washer tank was full and not leaking, I guess I just over filled it. Optilube XPD is in the fuel tank. Block heater is plugged in. Of course now the temps are hanging in the mid-twenties not sub-zero. Headed to the ski slopes. Safe Travels!
    Dallas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Service is done. Washer tank was full and not leaking, I guess I just over filled it. Optilube XPD is in the fuel tank. Block heater is plugged in. Of course now the temps are hanging in the mid-twenties not sub-zero. Headed to the ski slopes. Safe Travels!
    Good to hear you up and running. If I may ask, what code or codes were set?

Enjoy the snow
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    If I may ask, what code or codes were set? Enjoy the snow
    Not sure they put a code reader on it. By the time I took it in the check engine light had gone out. No more problem, right? The driver interface gave me two messages, "Reduced Engine Power", duh, it would only idle. Second was "Low Fuel Pressure".

I think all is fine now. Only more miles will tell the tale.

PS Check you signature line, your King Ranch may need some wax, it's looking a little dull.

Of course now that I have commented on your sig line made me look at mine more closely, mine needs some work also...
    Dallas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure they put a code reader on it. By the time I took it in the check engine light had gone out. No more problem, right? The driver interface gave me two messages, "Reduced Engine Power", duh, it would only idle. Second was "Low Fuel Pressure".

I think all is fine now. Only more miles will tell the tale.

PS Check you signature line, your King Ranch may need some wax, it's looking a little dull.

Of course now that I have commented on your sig line made me look at mine more closely, mine needs some work also...
    Yep my 04 needs a lot of wax...actually a paint job. The clear coat has faded and flaked off leaving ugly brown/gray spots. Hood, roof, dully fenders, etc
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Yep my 04 needs a lot of wax...
    LOL, ok, I tried to be subtle, in your signature block you are driving a dully, not a dually.....

"2004 F350 King Ranch dully"

But I'm not judging, you can drive any kind of pickup you want and I am happy for you. My trucks are never very pretty, they are trucks and get treated as such.
    Dallas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL, ok, I tried to be subtle, in your signature block you are driving a dully, not a dually.....

"2004 F350 King Ranch dully"

But I'm not judging, you can drive any kind of pickup you want and I am happy for you. My trucks are never very pretty, they are trucks and get treated as such.
    DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dang spell check....and I am sticking by that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here, in Canada, we have summer fuel and winter fuel and can run easily during winter condirtions. To run under these conditions you should have winter one, it is madatory from the manufacturer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast