User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Model Year changes to Solitude

I am in the hunt for a new Solitude and have discovered the 2020 models offer several new options and improvements:

1. The slide out for the dinette is no longer carpeted. Just like Open Range, it is the same linoleum that is in the kitchen. It seems to have a snug fit.
    2. Optional 3rd A/C
    3. Optional MORryde Suspension and axles rated to 8k with disc brakes and H rated tires (I think Cooper but I’m not positive)
    4. Furion camera system mounted beside the front side market lights. Apparently they are wired to the turn signals so when you engage the turn signal the camera system kicks on and displays the view from the appropriate side. The cameras are beside the marker lights in the front of the trailer.

It still has the same color scheme inside and outside as far as I can tell. I expected that they would have made an update given Reflection and Imagine recently were updated.

Maybe there are more changes but that’s what comes to mind and what I discussed with the dealer.
    Ford F350 Crew Cab DRW 6.0L Long Bed...in white AND in search of a gently used Mid bunk with the Lippert seals upgraded.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand the MoreRyde options are not done deal and active yet but I could be wrong. Very little change cosmetically from what we saw at the Tampa show. I'm curious to see what changes come in 2021.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Moryde 3000 is in place and on the Momentum line too.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option 3 is not in play, yet.

The MorRyde centerpoint has been on since September, along with a MorRyde pinbox.

The axle upgrade and disc brakes are still not an official option, with no set price.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd AC is a nice option. It is available with a heat pump too, so it seems 2 of the 3 AC units can be equipped with heat pump now which is great. Shame that the 3rd AC cannot be retrofitted onto older units - but everything else should be doable.

I was looking Momentums for the 3rd AC and higher weight rating, once they finalize the 8k axle package, the Solitudes with their better living area are now much more all around attractive for those without a toy to haul!
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m hoping they change the interiors this fall, I think it’s been sometime since they have and that’s what’s holding us back from ordering one.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the Grand Design website today and I no longer see a 3rd A/C option for Solitude. I thought I saw this on their Build and Price screens for several Solitude models a couple months ago. Has this option been dropped?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I looked at the Grand Design website today and I no longer see a 3rd A/C option for Solitude. I thought I saw this on their Build and Price screens for several Solitude models a couple months ago. Has this option been dropped?
    My understanding is that there is currently an AC shortage, maybe they hid the option until they are more available?
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    It was there a few days ago - I emailed GD to ask what the weight of the 3rd AC unit was - received a response today - 88lbs.