Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 7in Vision S, view all cameras but only for a few seconds

So, I've read some on this and I think it's "as designed", but wondered if anyone has a fix. My VisionS system has 3 cameras, on the screen, I can select "show all" and see all of them at once. However, after a period of time (10-20 sec) it drops back to only viewing a single camera. I'd like to have all 3 of them (both sides and rear) up on the screen when driving all the time so I can see what's around me. It appears that this may have changed in the 18 model year of camera, that it always "hops away" from view all after a short period of time? If so, WHY on earth would they do that? And is there any way to "fix it" so that they all stay up all the time?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t found a workaround yet. I agree it is frustrating.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a view saying they changed it in 2018, any "pre-18" monitor displays all the cameras for as long as you'd like, 18+, only will display the multi-view for 15 seconds. I have no idea what they were/are thinking with that, what use are side cameras if you can't actually have them on?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I found a view saying they changed it in 2018, any "pre-18" monitor displays all the cameras for as long as you'd like, 18+, only will display the multi-view for 15 seconds. I have no idea what they were/are thinking with that, what use are side cameras if you can't actually have them on?
    Mine were purchased in Jan 2018 and they operate as yours do, frustrating. Probably like yours we can show all three (or four if we had another) cameras just long enough to select ONE of them as the view to show on the monitor. My preference is like yours, I had hoped to see all of them.

I bought mine from the Furrion product manager for this system who was working the General RV booth at the Tampa RV show. He had given me his card and asked for feedback so I called him about this. He said it was "by design" - I didn't ask "why" - and listened to my objection. I should have kept his card so I could tell you how to contact him, but I don't believe our units are upgradable if they do change back to enabling full-time viewing of 3-4 cameras.

I mounted the side cameras at the mid-ship marker lights rather than at the front, and have experienced slightly lower quality and occasional hesitation in getting the picture from them on our 35-foot trailer. I've speculated that this obvious struggling would be compounded when trying live view of three cameras at once, and maybe their lawyers were worried about images failing at just the wrong moment for someone.

Someone else here has reported installing the side cameras at the front side marker light position and had no complaints about the video from there, so I'm considering the change.
    Last edited by boyscout; 01-21-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch