User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freeze Warning North Central Florida

Going down to 28 tonight for 6 hours 1AM to 7AM. Have read lots of posts on here about this. Will be leaving island doors and bathroom vanity doors open, using the furnace and not using electric space heaters, leaving faucets dripping etc. etc ... but no one mentions the low point drains sticking out the bottom of the unit. To me, they seem the most vulnerable. Should I just turn water off at post and open the low point drains tonight ? Does 28 degrees for 6 hours require this ?
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the additions I made, was to buy and install a remote thermometer display with three sensors placed in critical areas. What I found was that even though I did not use my furnace very much in freezing conditions was that those areas stayed well above freezing. I usually do not use a water hookup, but draw from the on board tank. You may want to check and make sure that when your furnace is running, some of the heat is making it's way to wherever your supply lines are located. If the heat is going to those areas, you should be fine.

Gordon Fuchs
    Presently at Kartchner Caverns State Park
    Benson, AZ.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins