User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK Cold weather

Let me start by saying I'm new to RVing. With that I'm wondering at what temperature do I need to worry about the cold weather. I know everything is enclosed and heated but wonder about the quick connection at the rear of trailer by outdoor kitchen. We are using the fireplace and furnace. it will be in the 20s tonight with colder weather to come. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks Bob
    2020 2670MK
    2019 F250 6.2 Gasser 4X4 3.73
    Blue Ox towing hitch
    New to everything here

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rely more on the Furnace than the fireplace. You need to keep the basement warm to prevent lines freezing. If nothing is connected to it, it should be fine. It is within the confines of the trailer.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, welcome.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a fresh water line connected? If so you will want to disconnect it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    Is there a fresh water line connected? If so you will want to disconnect it.
    This ^^^ I find that filling my freshwater tank and disconnecting the city water helps reduce the chance of a freezing water line. My perspective is based on camping in 24 degree weather for 3 nights after owning our 303 for less than one month.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So where are you camping Riceball? I’m jealous! My baby is in storage with a cover on it till April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, welcome. I'm fairly new myself and ditto to all else has said.
    We just spent four nights at Florence Marina St Pk in Omaha, GA. Thought we were going to warmer weather (it was 19 degrees the morning we left Jasper, GA), but it was was in the mid to upper twenties Monday and Tuesday night last week. I did fill the fresh water tank about 3/4 full, unhook and drain the water line and set the furnace to the upper 50's. We had no problem with the fresh water drain point, any quick connect or the outside kitchen. Just waited until temps got above freezing each day and hooked the water line back up.
    As Sgt Roc said, the under belly only gets heat when the furnace is running. There are no heating pads on the tanks.
    Will heading to Augusta, GA the end of Feb. Hoping for warmer weather.
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, Titan disc brakes, Morryde CRE3000
    2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited TRD; RAS
    Bikes: Jamus Dragonslayer 26+ Sport, Electra Townie Go 8i
    Kayaks: Jackson Allwater, Liquid Logic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnor51 View Post
    First, welcome. I'm fairly new myself and ditto to all else has said.
    We just spent four nights at Florence Marina St Pk in Omaha, GA. Thought we were going to warmer weather (it was 19 degrees the morning we left Jasper, GA), but it was was in the mid to upper twenties Monday and Tuesday night last week. I did fill the fresh water tank about 3/4 full, unhook and drain the water line and set the furnace to the upper 50's. We had no problem with the fresh water drain point, any quick connect or the outside kitchen. Just waited until temps got above freezing each day and hooked the water line back up.
    As Sgt Roc said, the under belly only gets heat when the furnace is running. There are no heating pads on the tanks.
    Will heading to Augusta, GA the end of Feb. Hoping for warmer weather.
    What are you doing with the waste line? Are you leaving it hooked up and just off-loading when it warms up? Also, I have a 2017 Tundra w/ a 2020 2670mk. What has been your experience w/ towing? We are heading down to Skidaway State Park mid-February and on to Blythe Island Regional. First long trip.
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-26-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not hook up waste line until needed, only two nights until overnight did not get below 32. Probably would have hooked up when needed during day time temps and then disconnected if night time temps continued to stay low.
    Regarding towing, have not had any issues with the truck having the power to pull anywhere we have been. We have the tow package, which I believe makes a big difference, so it does hold onto lower gearing longer, especially on long uphills. Depending on your desire to maintain a certain speed, it will gear down significantly if you are trying to maintain Interstate speeds on big hills, but as stated it has not had an issue with being capable of doing what is asked, so far. We just bought this bigger unit in Nov, so we have not towed in the heat of summer in very hilly places. I guess we will see. The other big plus is the original owner converted to disc brakes, big plus.
    We stayed at Skidaway during Christmas. My wife's mother lives in Savannah.
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, Titan disc brakes, Morryde CRE3000
    2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited TRD; RAS
    Bikes: Jamus Dragonslayer 26+ Sport, Electra Townie Go 8i
    Kayaks: Jackson Allwater, Liquid Logic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnor51 View Post
    The other big plus is the original owner converted to disc brakes, big plus.
    Do you know the disc brake brand/model that was installed?
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast