User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Which begs to ask the oxymoron question, how can an option be mandatory? What part of option does GD not understand?
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it wasn't on the order sheet, but I was told it was a hidden option.
    When we saw it was an option on the floor plan photo, we requested more info on it.
    I still wanted to see pictures, but GD says they don't have any (or can't seem to locate any)
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    Which begs to ask the oxymoron question, how can an option be mandatory? What part of option does GD not understand?
    All the manufactures seem to do that... I agree, options are optional, and if it's mandatory then it's part of the standard build base price
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a pic of my order sheet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8359(1).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	24419
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I think might be going on with the mandatory options is trying to stay competitive. Not all manufactures trailers come with everything that the GD's do. So to show that their trailers of the same size as someone else is priced accordingly. The GD units come with a lot more features than others so they show msrp equipped the same as others. GD doesn't sell theirs without those other options so they are forced options. If GD didn't do this they could lose sales because someone else is cheaper.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    What I think might be going on with the mandatory options is trying to stay competitive. Not all manufactures trailers come with everything that the GD's do. So to show that their trailers of the same size as someone else is priced accordingly. The GD units come with a lot more features than others so they show msrp equipped the same as others. GD doesn't sell theirs without those other options so they are forced options. If GD didn't do this they could lose sales because someone else is cheaper.
    I about half agree but when someone sits down to buy surely they will notice the price. Oh silly me, since a large percentage of RV sales are an emotional high on a warm spring day with all the kids in tow screaming "daddy I want". Thankfully I'm beyond that stage.

Back to theater seating option. I found the Grand Design owner's forum and their reps, Megan and Emily, are there to respond and help. Right now Megan is researching the table option but says that the optional theater seating setup is available. I suspect apparently they don't do it much so she's researching it for me.

Other things she found for me the dual pane windows in the 351M are about a 300# add as I suspected and the patio system about 100#.
    Last edited by chunker; 01-23-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    The 351M brochure shows either a 4 section sofa/recliners OR a 2 section recliner and a free standing table. That's shown on the floor plan part of the brochure. That's the only mention I see of that option. Not listed in the "build and price" feature on the GD web site nor is it a line item on the build sheets I have seen. I like that as I would rather eat at a table than that flip tray on the recliner arm rest or a TV tray. Anyone have an ordering code or know how to access the info?
    We bought the 351M w/o the table because the table was too small and faced outwards. Couldn't watch the television from the table without turning our heads, headache waiting to happen. The drop down counter works great, the two stools are high enough to ease off up to a standing position. And we can watch the television more comfortable.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 381M that has the same four seat configuration. Since it is just three of us (me, wife, and a small dog) we removed one of the of two inner sections and added two end tables. This made the couch much more usable for us since we tend to eat while sitting on the couch and watching TV. I didn’t realize how much I liked having an end table until I didn’t have them. We found two narrow end tables at WalMart that fit perfectly and also gave us drawers to store the remotes.

I agree with HarleyTri18, the flip up counter is also a nice place to eat and watch TV.

The one thing we didn’t have when we made the couch mods was a table where I could sit across from my wife and play cards or board games. The folding table that we received from Grand Design is too odd shaped to do this and pulling out all the toys to use the back dinette gets old quickly. My solution was to buy a 24x30 rectangular table top and use the folding legs from the Grand Design table to make a much more useful table. Combined with folding chairs it makes a nice place to sit across from each other and fits easily in the main living area. When not in use I store the table and chairs in the garage. The chairs fold and store behind the door to the garage and the table is held with a Velcro strap against the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12