User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ever light fireplace replacement

it appears that i am going to be replacing the fireplace under warranty, because the thermostat doesn't work. has anyone done this before? specifically, how does one remove the unit from the space it's in? thanks in advance.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the type with a smooth glass cover on the front?

Lift straight up and it will pop off.

I think even the metal side covers will lift off.

There are a few screws that hold it into the wood framing.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, it is the curved front unit. i've tried lifting the metal frame straight up as you suggest, but it doesn't budge. i can't see where the metal frame is fastened. i'm perplexed....hhheeelllppp....thanks
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish GD would make a faceplate with OEM doors that would take the place of where the broken fireplaces used to be. I bet mine didn't last 5 days before it went caput.

We just heat with some small cube ceramic heaters, and seldom even use the furnace in the coldest of nights. I give up on electric fireplaces.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have our original fireplace working fine. Did replace the control board, forget how much but was cheap and easy to do. 5 years old now.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you gave me a good hint. i just had to figure out what exactly to pull up on. got it! there is a black trim piece surrounding the firebox in the shape of an upside down "U." put your finger tips in the two bottom corners and lift up. it slides right off, exposing the firebox retaining screws. easy-peasy. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    it appears that i am going to be replacing the fireplace under warranty, because the thermostat doesn't work. has anyone done this before? specifically, how does one remove the unit from the space it's in? thanks in advance.
    Hi, so I just baught the same fireplace. Same issue. The thermostat temp starts at 70. It never shuts off because it never reaches 70 when it's cold out. The timer is junk too,,,doesn't shut down. Did you get a new one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everlite control board

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We still have our original fireplace working fine. Did replace the control board, forget how much but was cheap and easy to do. 5 years old now.
    Where did you purchase the parts from? Our fireplace is not working and we are looking to try the same thing and not finding any information online?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyaly View Post
    Where did you purchase the parts from? Our fireplace is not working and we are looking to try the same thing and not finding any information online?
    Look in your folder from GD, the little paper on the fireplace has some phone numbers . If recalling right we called one of those, it was a few years ago.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Look in your folder from GD, the little paper on the fireplace has some phone numbers . If recalling right we called one of those, it was a few years ago.
    Thanks, if it was a few years ago that makes sense. I did call the number in the paperwork and spoke with GD but apparently that company is out of business. So we are buying a new one but the dimensions aren’t the same. When I saw your post, I was hoping you had located somewhere to buy the parts that I hadn’t discovered. Thanks for the response!