Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can l Tow Momentum with shortbed RAM

I have 2018 short bed RAM 3500. I tow my 337RLS with this vehicle using Reese Goosebox. It tows great but I do use care with turns. Thinking about getting Momentum 320G. The Momentum is about five inches wider but I can find no info if cap is designed differently to give same clearance as 337 cap. Anybody have experience towing Momentum with a shortbed?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    I have 2018 short bed RAM 3500. I tow my 337RLS with this vehicle using Reese Goosebox. It tows great but I do use care with turns. Thinking about getting Momentum 320G. The Momentum is about five inches wider but I can find no info if cap is designed differently to give same clearance as 337 cap. Anybody have experience towing Momentum with a shortbed?
    I briefly (don't ask) had a 2019 F250 shortbed, Goosebox, with a Momentum 351M. It worked, but, as you said, you need to use care turning, it could interfere. I'd say I could get to about 75 degrees before I started sweating. Enough, but 90 is better, of course.

Depending on who's goose hitch you have in the truck, you can get offsets to move it back. My 250 had a B/W, they make a 4" offset for that hitch, so I could move everything back by that amount. That helped a lot. Again, I could still get it to hit, but it was getting really close to 90 before it would touch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for info..
    The RAM has factory ball mount which does not allow the use of offset ball ...it is a round hole so “square peg doesn’t fit in round hole” !
    I do have a Curt Slider that mounts in factory puck mounts , but takes up the entire bed! Based on your experience I may be a able to use the goose...Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 354M with the stock pin and a non-slide Reese hitch in a F350 CCSB. Never been close to hitting the cab.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    MN_Rider

2019 354M Momentum
    2013 F350 CCSB 6.7

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He asked about a Ram. Ford has the longest short bed of all three manufactures. The Ford is about 6"s longer than the Ram. That will make a difference.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/