User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spring Hanger Advice/Information

We own a 2019 Imagine 2670MK. It has the Dexter 4400 Axles with 3" diameter. I have zero spring issues so far. Right now after almost a year of traveling and camping, brakes, bearings and suspension look fine. In about a month I am buying the MorRyde 3000 system with the upgraded "wet bolt" shackles. If this will help out the trailer with less road shock the trailer should be better off in the long run? I am a retired machinist and well enough versed in mechanical to handle the switch out myself. I have the time (It's parked at home) so am repacking the bearings and doing a full brake inspection.

My question is the spring hangers. By casual glance they appear to the made from 3/16" plate which I would not call suitable. I can remove and replace or I can add reinforcement. I have to tools to do this. A quick search of online video show several way to reinforce all claiming to work best.

Has anyone done this and can offer advice?
    Are replacement hangers even available for this trailer?

Since I am in my 70s this will probably be a week long adventure and I want to get it done right the first time. Although I have the skills I realize the first time you do something it's a learning process. A long time ago I helped myself by learning to ask others first so that's what I am doing.

Thanks...
    Walter and Judy
    2019 Grand Design - Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Factory Towing Model
    Home Base is Portsmouth, VA
    Retired Machinist, Firefighter and still active dance instructors.
    Always camping with our three kitties.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacement hangers are available through Lippert components. We had supports put on ours by Lippert mobile techs when we had hanger issues on the road. Do a search here for V clips . The search box is in the upper right blue stripe , you'll get plenty to read. You can make these or have them made and weld them on for additional support. If you go with replacing the existing hangers with a beeier one you would likely have to have them fabricated for you.

There was lots of measuring to get the hanger in place correctly by the tech whi replaced ours. After watching him measure each angle 5 times to be sure it was right If you have no issues I'd add the supports and leave the hangers in place,
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/