User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude 390RK-R owners and very soon to be full time!

Hello all,

My wife (Beth) and I (Joe) just signed the papers on a 2020 Solitude 390RK-R and will complete the walk-through on Saturday 1/25. We have been researching Trucks and Rigs and Lifestyle for 3 years now and will be fulltime in a matter of a few months. Selling it all!
    We've owned a Starcraft pop-up and a 26' Jayco Jayflight TT that we towed with a 2001 Suburban. First time truck owner and first 5th wheel... and yes we're just "a little" crazy.

So excited to be part of this forum officially.

joebethbark

2018 Ford F350
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure you'll love the new rig. Just remember - It tows better, backs drastically different, and is a lot taller than your previous rigs. Enjoy it for years to come. And don't let the backing thing scare you. Just be cautious and you'll be fine.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and the RK bunch! Ours has been great so far!
    I will give you a few points to check during your walk-thru. Ours was extremely rushed and that is more my fault then theirs and was compounded by nasty weather, so most of this was found during the shakedown.
    Fill both kitchen sinks about 2/3 and then empty at the same time and check for a leak just above the p-trap. The extrusion seam might not allow the compression ring to seal.
    Spray water along the seal where the sink meets the cabinet and check for leaks.
    Check the slide out drawers under the pantry and make sure that they seat properly when closed. One of ours isn't quite right and it forces the cabinet doors open when travelling.
    Make sure that the black and gray tank cables in the connection box both work freely. Our black tank cable needed to be longer and the routing created a 90 bend behind the cabinet and a 180 going to the valve.
    Make sure that the bedroom closet doors move freely and that the stop tabs on the doors are tight, but not stripped.
    Make sure that they show you the second water heater switch on the outside.
    Check the blue PEX lines going from the water filter into the cabinet. The back one is often forced into the hole at an angle is rubbing and will not fare well in the long term.
    Don't leave those little tables in place on the recliners when travelling.
    Last thought, go ahead and look closely at the mattress. If it feels too soft or weak, go ahead and start a dialogue about it. They may be a little more "cooperative" about a replacement if they are waiting for a signature for the big check.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Enjoy and Drive/Camp safe!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, congrats! Wife & I ordered our 390rk in mid December, should arrive next week. Dont forget to look "up" when you enter a park, trees can unforgiving. Enjoy!