User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same dilemma and in the end decided on the 22RBE. I like the theatre seating and separate bedroom and the larger rear bathroom. Is a little more user friendly with the slide in but what sold us was a discussion with someone at Grand Design that told us the difference in towing and handling is negligible but he let me in on a secret. The 22RBE is more popular and is outselling the 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies, I honestly didn't think I'd get many since the smaller travel trailers seem to be a minority. Looks like we need to spend some time in both at the next local RV show. It's very hard to compare at the dealer as they drive you around in a golf cart and the ones you want to compare always seem to be a mile apart and the salesman has to sit inside with you the whole time spewing out information you already know or you already know to be BS.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also has bigger tanks and pay through storage. The pass through on the 17MKE is small because of the Murphy Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our MLE a couple of months ago and it works real well for two of us and our two dogs. I've made some changes/additions to make it better for us.
    1. Added indoor outdoor carpeting to the pass thru compartment, added the same to the storage under the bed and to the platform that supports the bed (the wood was pretty rough)
    2. Had powered stabilizers added as I did not want to mess around with a drill motor at all four corners
    3. Added an aluminum battery box to the trailer tongue...(23" from RV Lockbox) It provides security for the battery and allows some additional storage
    4. Replaced the door window with one that has a built-in shade
    5. Installed an additional towel bar in the bathroom, just below the one that's there
    6. Installed bolt on brackets for a E-Z weight distribution hitch...standard brackets would not fit because of the propane tank location
    7. Replaced the small 20 lb propane thanks with 30 lb units
    8. Covered the bottom screen of the entry door with expanded metal....just in case the dogs get rowdy
    9. For the black tank flush, I purchased another one of the quick connect hoses that connects to the water fitting next to the black tank flush connection. I installed a valve on the end the connects to the tank flush and use this hose as the DEDICATED hose for the flush. Works great

As time goes on, I will be replacing the "China Bomb" tires with Goodyears and upgrade the suspension with greaseable bolts and probably a Mor/ryde
    suspension modification.

We tow this with a 2018 GMC 4 x 4 Denali Crew Cab std bed with the 6.2L (420hp) gas engine and 8 speed transmission

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have the 22MLE since November. It checked off several boxes from our previous TT. Bigger shower, more kitchen counter top space, dinette & recliners, permanent bed instead of Murphy, we don’t mind having a curtain divider since it’s just the DW and me, plus I can fit it in our driveway which was a big consideration.

I will be upgrading the suspension to the MORryde CRE3000 with wet bolts and eventually adding Goodyear Endurance tires down the road. Have installed the Furrion rear camera. Got a couple more mods planned like better bathroom faucet.

We are pleased with the comfort, size, and build quality so far.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the RBE for a couple of reasons. We wanted the shortest TT that met our needs, including recliners not dinette, a bedroom door as my wife turns in much earlier and gets up much earlier than I do. Had to be fully usable with the slide in (turtle mode). Most of our meals are outside so using tv trays on occasion was fine. Our only complaint is that GD installs so few 12 v or USB outlets in the trailer. Everything else is great. As to the slide being on the camping side, it is a short slide and I would rather have it than the exhaust from heaters.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22RBE. It is just the two of us 95% of the time and we wanted something that will fit more sites at the state parks. We like the bedroom door for more privacy. We like the counter space and size of the bathroom. We are happy with the 22RBE.
    Larry & Suzanne
    2021 GD Reflection 150 295RL
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
    6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, 3.55 rear axle ratio
    B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I like both models 22RBE and the 22MLE. We really like having both the dinette and the theater seating on the 22MLE. I also liked the separate bedroom on the 22RBE and the larger bath. But the swivel table kinda killed for us and we ended up ordering the 22MLE.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops62 View Post
    My wife and I like both models 22RBE and the 22MLE. We really like having both the dinette and the theater seating on the 22MLE. I also liked the separate bedroom on the 22RBE and the larger bath. But the swivel table kinda killed for us and we ended up ordering the 22MLE.
    Congrats, we are still waiting to pick up our 22mle. We really liked the open concept and kitchen. The 22rbe felt smaller because of the closed bedroom but we liked the big washroom.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Congrats, we are still waiting to pick up our 22mle. We really liked the open concept and kitchen. The 22rbe felt smaller because of the closed bedroom but we liked the big washroom.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Because of the PANDEMIC we have only been able to use ours for a week this past December....but we love it. It works for us (with some minor modifications) and our 2 dogs. I have a couple of more mods to do...and some long term ones down the road...that will finalize it for us.... CONGRATS to all of you...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast