User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Because of the PANDEMIC we have only been able to use ours for a week this past December....but we love it. It works for us (with some minor modifications) and our 2 dogs. I have a couple of more mods to do...and some long term ones down the road...that will finalize it for us.... CONGRATS to all of you...
    Please share what you have done and plan to. Glad to hear that you love it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I have done so far....

1. Added indoor outdoor carpeting to the pass thru compartment, added the same to the storage under the bed and to the platform that supports the bed (the wood was pretty rough)
    2. Had powered stabilizers added as I did not want to mess around with a drill motor at all four corners
    3. Added an aluminum battery box to the trailer tongue...(23" from RV Lockbox) It provides security for the battery and allows some additional storage
    4. Replaced the door window with one that has a built-in shade
    5. Installed an additional towel bar in the bathroom, just below the one that's there
    6. Installed bolt on brackets for a Reese Weight Distribution Hitch (12,000 lb with 1,200 lb lift bars)
    7. Replaced the small 20 lb propane thanks with 30 lb units
    8. Covered the bottom screen of the entry door with expanded metal....just in case the dogs get rowdy
    9. For the black tank flush, I purchased another one of the quick connect hoses that connects to the water fitting next to the black tank flush connection. I installed a valve on the end the connects to the tank flush and use this hose as the DEDICATED hose for the flush. Works great
    10. In the process of installing a 30A Surge Guard (under the dinette seat next to the Pantry)

Long term I plan on replacing the tires with Goodyears and revising the suspension with a bolts that can be greased (getting rid of those plastic bushings)

Not sure if I will do more than this....we just made these mods to make it better/easier for us and our two dogs

Roger

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 is on my immediate list to do, well, more like immediately after I received the TT that is. LOL Along with doing something like your #9 .
    #2 on my list to do for next year along with either the TST 507se or the TireMinder i10 TPMS. I havent decided yet.
    I'm now interested in #3 . I was waiting to get the rig to see what to do for the battery. Same with #4 , just not sure how that glossy window will work out.
    Long term I also have the tires and suspension.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That door window did not work for us. We needed a shade, so I opted to just change it out...it was about $75 for a replacement tinted window with a built in shade. Its a pain to change and it takes special shims or you can use pop cycle sticks to remove the old window. WELL worth the pain. The battery box I installed worked out awesome and allowed me to keep my gloves and sewer fittings in it as well. I've attached pics of the carpet install under the bed..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress Platform-2.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	26326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress platform-3JPG.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	26327

Sorry about the pic rotation...but you should get the idea. I used spray carpet adhesive and staples

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    That door window did not work for us. We needed a shade, so I opted to just change it out...it was about $75 for a replacement tinted window with a built in shade. Its a pain to change and it takes special shims or you can use pop cycle sticks to remove the old window. WELL worth the pain. The battery box I installed worked out awesome and allowed me to keep my gloves and sewer fittings in it as well. I've attached pics of the carpet install under the bed..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress Platform-2.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	26326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress platform-3JPG.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	26327

Sorry about the pic rotation...but you should get the idea. I used spray carpet adhesive and staples
    Pic rotion was just fine. Where did you the replacement door window?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the replacement window from Camping World
    https://www.campingworld.com/slim-sh...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

You will need to look at the attached as it tells you how to remove the existing...and it takes two people
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Window Removal Guide.pdf 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	26334

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also get the door replacement window on amazon for $79.00
    2020 IMAGINE XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got up to Mesa AZ today and went to Little Dealer Little Prices and sat in a 22 MLE. It was already sold but they let us check it out and it was an instant "this is the one" moment. One thing the sales person told us is that there were no options, they all come the same and you cannot specify any upgrades and the interior colors are all the same. When I look online however I see a Peace of Mind Package, an Ultimate Power Package and a Four-Season Protection Package. Could it be that they just order them all with all 3 packages, or they are only manufactured with all 3 packages, or the sales person was incorrect? Naturally I want all 3 packages anyway but never having bought a new RV before I thought there would be options we would choose. The price we were given was in the $28K range before taxes, fees etc etc and we were told MSRP was in the $35K range. I'm not real good at bargaining but I've heard one should be able to negotiate 15-25% less than the listed price. Any comments and info welcomed about the unit and the dealer.

Also I forgot to measure the tongue, I am guessing it is about 24"? Just measuring things up in the garage to see how it will fit.
    Last edited by bigb56; 05-19-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I can tell you that the prices did go up a little in 2021 over the 2020 models even though they are identical. I bought a brand new 22RBE (MLE was the same price, dealer would have matched the price on either unit) and it listed for $34,000. I pad $21,000 plus $800 freight and $300 admin fees. plus tax. I found prices to be all over the place but when you start to negotiate, it's easier to do it by email from the comfort of your own home and 30% to 33% off list is very reasonable right now. The 22RBE is the same size, just separate bedroom, bigger bathroom , more counter space and just roomier, but you give up the small dinette which is not comfortable. we like the recliners better and we prefer to eat outside.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muskoka1 View Post
    Hi, I can tell you that the prices did go up a little in 2021 over the 2020 models even though they are identical. I bought a brand new 22RBE (MLE was the same price, dealer would have matched the price on either unit) and it listed for $34,000. I pad $21,000 plus $800 freight and $300 admin fees. plus tax. I found prices to be all over the place but when you start to negotiate, it's easier to do it by email from the comfort of your own home and 30% to 33% off list is very reasonable right now. The 22RBE is the same size, just separate bedroom, bigger bathroom , more counter space and just roomier, but you give up the small dinette which is not comfortable. we like the recliners better and we prefer to eat outside.
    That's a fantastic price and I'd be really thrilled if I could get one for that! What month did you buy, and what part of the world are you in? I noticed RVIA was reporting declining sales this year which may have helped buyers get lower prices but there is no April or May data yet, from what I saw and heard at the dealership yesterday they are back to not being able to keep up, the sales person told us it's busier than any May they've seen. I see it in the used market as well, 3 different units we were considering(not GD) on local Craigslist ads were snapped up pretty quick. Perhaps it is a combination of people finally coming out of lock-down plus the camping season is upon us. I'd like to get mine soon but it may be to my advantage to wait till fall, not quite ready for it at the moment parking wise anyway, and travel is still sketchy till we see how the virus plays out.

PS Welcome to the forum!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast