User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intermittent power loss at some receptacles

I have a 2020 Reflection 29RS that we just got in Sept. Our maiden voyage was a 6-week, 4000 mile trip around the Colorado Plateau. The new unit performed perfectly. After being home a couple months, we headed to FL for the winter & have been here since early Jan. So far, so good. Then, just 2 nights ago (1/21), when I got up in the night, I noticed that both the clock we keep by the bed and my pacemaker monitor were off (both plugged into 120v outlets in the bedroom). Before I got back to sleep, the power came back on. The next morning this happened again. I checked the shore power cable. 12v is good. No breakers tripped. And the only outlets affected are the 4 in the bedroom and the 2 under the hutch in the kitchen. The outlet behind the TV and the 2 at the ends of the couch are fine, so it's just one circuit. I tightened down all of the screws holding the wires in the breaker box. I also pulled out each of the affected outlets & moved around the wires to make sure the blades had cut the insulation & were making good contact. Yet throughout the day and night, the power will go off at those receptacles for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, then come back on. Sometimes it may cycle on and off 4 or 5 times in quick succession. Customer Service will be my next stop, but I thought I'd see if anyone out there has had a similar experience or any ideas on how to track down the problem. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossepeo View Post
    I have a 2020 Reflection 29RS that we just got in Sept. Our maiden voyage was a 6-week, 4000 mile trip around the Colorado Plateau. The new unit performed perfectly. After being home a couple months, we headed to FL for the winter & have been here since early Jan. So far, so good. Then, just 2 nights ago (1/21), when I got up in the night, I noticed that both the clock we keep by the bed and my pacemaker monitor were off (both plugged into 120v outlets in the bedroom). Before I got back to sleep, the power came back on. The next morning this happened again. I checked the shore power cable. 12v is good. No breakers tripped. And the only outlets affected are the 4 in the bedroom and the 2 under the hutch in the kitchen. The outlet behind the TV and the 2 at the ends of the couch are fine, so it's just one circuit. I tightened down all of the screws holding the wires in the breaker box. I also pulled out each of the affected outlets & moved around the wires to make sure the blades had cut the insulation & were making good contact. Yet throughout the day and night, the power will go off at those receptacles for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, then come back on. Sometimes it may cycle on and off 4 or 5 times in quick succession. Customer Service will be my next stop, but I thought I'd see if anyone out there has had a similar experience or any ideas on how to track down the problem. Thanks in advance.
    Couple of posts sound a bit like your problem.
    Those outlets may all be on one of the 50A incoming power legs, L1 or L2.
    I wonder if there might be a problem with the power on one leg from the pedestal where it's dropping out for a bit.

Lost AC power to the Hutch RLTS 315 https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Hutch-RLTS-315
    and
    Outlets https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show.../26683-Outlets
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check where the power cable connects to the RV. Easy for it to be loose.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking about this to a couple of friends last night. They both said they had experienced similar problems. It turned out to be a problem at the park's pedestal. I called maintenance this morning. The guy didn't seem surprised by my description. He pulled out the board containing the 50A breaker & receptacle & showed me where the contacts were burned. He took a file to the blades inside the pedestal then put in a new board with breaker & receptacle. Hopefully this will remedy the problem.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossepeo View Post
    I was talking about this to a couple of friends last night. They both said they had experienced similar problems. It turned out to be a problem at the park's pedestal. I called maintenance this morning. The guy didn't seem surprised by my description. He pulled out the board containing the 50A breaker & receptacle & showed me where the contacts were burned. He took a file to the blades inside the pedestal then put in a new board with breaker & receptacle. Hopefully this will remedy the problem.
    Yep - we had a very similar problem with the park power where we are currently staying. It turned out to be a bad 50-amp breaker in the park power pedestal (just one side). I couldn't prove it was bad with my VOM - and neither could electrician who came out. He replaced the breaker and the problem was solved.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24 hrs without the power dropping out, so that seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks to those who wrote in with suggestions.