User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2104 vs 2015 vs 2016 models?

I am looking at a 337RLS. I see several posts where people have issues and GD said that they are working on these. My question is- what model year do I look for? Is the '15 better than the '14 as far as quality and quality control goes? When are the '16 due? Some other brands are bringing out the '16's next spring. I would rather pay more for a new model than have to deal with issues as my dealer will be an hour away.

As an example I am talking about the thin wood on the shelves in the pantry next to the fridge. I hope this is being addressed. I don't much care to spend $50k+ on a fiver and then have to rebuild shelves right off the bat.

Any new changes coming to the '16 Reflection line? And when will it be introduced? Most manufacturers will tell you nothing as they want to sell the old models first.

Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2015's came out the middle of the summer, 2014. My 2015 Reflection was built around 7/20.

As far as dealing with issues: No RV will be perfect. They're a product of a bunch of components from outside suppliers that are also not perfect.

Sorry you don't like the shelving, but most RV's are designed for minimal weight. There are a number of minor issues that I intend to address over time. I'm just glad to have a pantry seldom seen in any other RV brand.

Who knows what the future holds for Grand Design. Right now, they're the fast growing RV company there is, and they've made and sold an incredible number of units. And they're not trying to be everything to every purchaser--mostly fifth wheels.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Model years usually change around June/July.

There is no set time for product upgrades though. GD has made many running line changes, as they get feedback from dealers as well as owners.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have one of the 337 prototypes...it was built Sept 2013. Looking at what I think is current production, very little has changed. The only major change I've noticed if you can even call it that, is relocating the bedroom window, making it smaller and replacing the high boy dresser with a low boy style. If you're ordering the optional 12 cu ft fridge, you lose the pull out pantry shelves that there with the smaller fridge...no problems with ours BTW.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

AmandaEthan
    We have a 2014 Reflection 303 and it's number 29. We have had none of the major issues other GD owners have had. Actually we haven't had any issues with our fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    We have one of the 337 prototypes...it was built Sept 2013. Looking at what I think is current production, very little has changed. The only major change I've noticed if you can even call it that, is relocating the bedroom window, making it smaller and replacing the high boy dresser with a low boy style. If you're ordering the optional 12 cu ft fridge, you lose the pull out pantry shelves that there with the smaller fridge...no problems with ours BTW.

Dave
    Thanks. I had already decided that if I didn't want to have to replace the thin pantry shelves I would just get the large fridge. Having said that it's strange that GD, Keystone and some others use paper thin wood for the shelf bottoms and expect you to be able to pack it full of canned goods and it not break. I am a woodworker and picky at that.
    I guess my point being if the shelves break under warranty they will be putting new bottoms in them not me. I just prefer it to be right from the start.

Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not had any issue with the shelves in the slideout pantry. We use the top one as a spice rack, and the bottom one holds all the sandwich, qt, and gallon size plastic bags along with aluminum foil, saran wrap, etc. so don't really have any heavy items in it, thats what we use the BIG pantry for.
    I like the bedroom dresser in the 15 better but my wife prefers the one in our 14. Just personal taste I guess. We both like the newest 15s sofa bed better, doesn't have the "ears" sticking off the side of the bed. They don't hinder anything, just look weird.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the 2014 and early 2015 337rls better. I don't care for the redesigned bedroom with the dresser and window change. Ours was built in June as a 2015 model, and that is right about when they switched to gel-coat sides from the laminate siding. That was the decision maker for us to go with the Reflection. I didn't want another trailer with the laminate exterior, and 36' is a little easier to find campsites than the nearly 39' Solitude 369rl.
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    We have not had any issue with the shelves in the slideout pantry. We use the top one as a spice rack, and the bottom one holds all the sandwich, qt, and gallon size plastic bags along with aluminum foil, saran wrap, etc. so don't really have any heavy items in it, thats what we use the BIG pantry for.
    I like the bedroom dresser in the 15 better but my wife prefers the one in our 14. Just personal taste I guess. We both like the newest 15s sofa bed better, doesn't have the "ears" sticking off the side of the bed. They don't hinder anything, just look weird.
    Thanks. I could use it for lighter things but am really considering the larger fridge. The small one in my Surveyor Select is pretty well jammed full with only 3 or 4 days of supplies in it.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big pantry shelves are pretty solid, so I don't know that you would have any issues in there...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS